How do you deal with someone who is always late?

Especially when it is your DH/SO/LP?!

I have known mine my entire life, and I don't think he has ever been on time for anything. I live and die by a clock, and it drives me up the wall that he can't be on time to save his life.

I think it is completely rude, and sends the message that whatever he is doing is more important than everyone else's schedule, and they can wait on him. I HATE when we have to go somewhere together, because we are always late and I feel like I have to apologize for him.

His friends seem to take it much more in stride than I do, but it is so aggravating to me!

Finally I have A.I.S.ed him. (Ass In Seat) from Everybody Loves Raymond. If his A. isn't in the S. at the time we need to leave to be on time, I am leaving without him.

Am I overracting?

Mom-2-3-Girlz

Asked by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 11:14 PM on Mar. 24, 2011 in Relationships

• Wait, is my husband leading a double life and married to you!? I feel your frustrations!
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 11:18 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• My mom is the same way so I always tell he the start time is half an hour before it really is. I know it's kind of mean but that's the only way I can get her to show up on time or close.
    mrs.coop

Answer by mrs.coop at 11:19 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• thats the best thing to do.. i have a sil that loves to be hours late for things.. she was suppose to come over one day at 11.. she didnt come til 8pm!!! .. i deicded that if we do something an invite them ill tell them the party or whatever is 3 hours before the time..and she is still late..so i hardly ever invite them ..
    its much harder on your husband!! i would leave without him!
    3HappylKidds

Answer by 3HappylKidds at 11:18 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• No you're justified in the way you see things with this situation. I'd probably threaten my dh of leaving without him if he was like that.
    sweetpea1217

Answer by sweetpea1217 at 11:18 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• If it were my DH I'd tell him an earlier time or make him take a separate vehicle. I'm typically the late one around here, but more like minutes, not hours.
    Ashes0813

Answer by Ashes0813 at 5:55 AM on Mar. 25, 2011