Why do women bash each other for EVERY little thing?

::wasn't sure which category to put this under, so forgive me lol ::

I've noticed that a lot of women (especially on here) bash each other for the smallest and most ridiculous things? Why do women bad mouth women whom have had a C-Section? Why do women talk down to women who are younger than they are with children and label them as "bad mothers"? I had this pretty picture in my head that once it came to children, career, and families, all women came together and supported one another ( at least on children), but obviously I was dead wrong!
I am really trying to understand this...Any thoughts?

MaterialGirl198

Asked by MaterialGirl198 at 11:23 PM on Mar. 24, 2011 in About CafeMom

• You're not the only one who feels that way. I don't understand it. I mean, I can see not being nice about anyone beating their children or sexually abusing them, etc., but the stupid things women get bashed for are just ridiculous. If someone takes the "I'm right and you're wrong" attitude in a post and they're being a bitch about things, I'll be bitchy right back to them, but I generally won't start it. I try to be helpful and supportive to everyone, on here and in real life.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 11:28 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• do you really want to know. it's an instinctual defense mechanism of humans that are pretty much...well unintelligent. there is an instinctual need to feel superior to make up for the real lack of intelligence they have.
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 11:27 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• Although it can be bad in real life, it's even worse on the internet. People can hide behind their computers on behind the "anon" button and say things they'd never say in someone's face. Beware of the groups where there is bashing. A lot of us have learned that sometimes it takes a while to find out where the "good" groups are and women don't bash, they just offer support. Those will be the ones that you join and stick with. It's really sad, but a fact of life. Just try to steer clear of the "high drama" groups, unless that's your kind of thing.
    etexmom

Answer by etexmom at 11:30 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• Welcome to CafeMom. It's like high school all over again huh? !
    cailynsmommy626

Answer by cailynsmommy626 at 11:33 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• jelousey
    LittleBirdFly

Answer by LittleBirdFly at 11:24 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• Yeah, I've asked myself this many times since joining Cafemom in 2009. It seems most of the women here never matured past an 11th grade intellect and have just kinda stagnated. Very sad. Most of the time though, I notice the women here get catty because A) this is the internet and fairly anonymous (Facebook aside), and B) it makes them feel better about themselves. They're stuck at home with a screaming baby and this is their way of getting a little drama (sans baby). To be completely honest, it's very immature, catty, and just stupid...they have no idea how badly they make themselves look.

I'm a firm believer of differences being beautiful. If we didn't have a million and one ways to raise a baby, we wouldn't have such a unique, diverse world.
    robibuni

Answer by robibuni at 1:57 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• it seems as though some mothers think what they do is prefect and everything else is wrong.. 'i do it this way and this is the only way to be a good parent' blah blah blah haha .. i have no idea. good question
    3HappylKidds

Answer by 3HappylKidds at 11:24 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• I guess they are trying to make themselves feel superior.... that is not nice.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 11:29 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• I'm not sure how many groups there are on CM but I am sure even those of you who claim to want support could find it if you wanted. Yes of course there are bitch groups and they are for fun, if you get upset about something someone on the internet says, perhaps you should rethink how personal your getting with strangers.
    I have seen more bashing about car seats and breast feeding than I have ever seen in a so called bitch group. LOL
    Nykyria

Answer by Nykyria at 11:43 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• Release of tension and stress? Because on a public anonymous forum you can vent about everything. I understand and feel and have posted the same sort of question as this, but continue to come back to answers because in spite of or maybe because of the bashing, meanness and nastyness, I get lots of enjoyment out of this site. If I was offeneded everyday I would not come back. I like Cafe Mom in general but I really like Answers! I've been bashed a couple of times.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 9:17 AM on Mar. 25, 2011