What is the smell?

My daughter is 8 years old and she has an odor down there. We do baths every other day but that doesnt seem to work. I can smell her at times with her just sitting next to me. She wipes after she goes to the bathroom. She doesnt complain about hurting or burning when going to the bathroom or any other time. I dont ever remember having an odor like that when I was her age. What could this smell be caused by? Could she be getting ready to go through her changes as a girl?

tgeary

Asked by tgeary at 12:34 AM on Mar. 25, 2011 in Health

• Try switching to showers instead of baths. The soap in her bath water could be leading to bacteria growth down there. It's possible to have a slight case of vaginitis without any irritation.
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 12:43 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• She needs to bathe/shower everyday! or at least wash down there EVERYDAY at least twice a day (morning and evening). I would speak to a dr and no soap, bubble baths, no tight pants and only cotton underwear
    KayGia0704

Answer by KayGia0704 at 12:46 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• idk about that but i will bump you...i would def be concerned
    Mami9674

Answer by Mami9674 at 12:36 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• maybe body getting ready to start her period ,
    letstalk747

Answer by letstalk747 at 12:36 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• Adelicious answer is great. She should start showering EVERYDAY. If it still continues I would take her to the pediatrician.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 8:36 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• It's probably her hormones I assume she's about to go through puberty. Get some of that Summer's Eve powder and wash and see if that will help and give her panty liners as well. Don't do any type of douching though cause that will irritate down there.
    bellaambru90

Answer by bellaambru90 at 1:16 PM on Mar. 25, 2011