Does anyone have information on how to handle kids with ADHD?

have been told if you start you child on meds for ADHD and stop them the state can step in and make you give the child the meds or they will take the child, has anyone heard this? Also been told if you stop the meds the child will go crazy is this true? Just looking for any type of information on how to handle a child with ADHD.

GrandmaT63

Asked by GrandmaT63 at 12:35 AM on Mar. 25, 2011 in Health

• Seriously , none of this is true ,
    talk with their dr.
    handle with patience and empathy -it worse for the kid than it is for who's around them
    letstalk747

Answer by letstalk747 at 12:41 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• I don't think any of that is true. If you are wanting to take your child off meds, look up alternative options (holistic options) and get in contact with other moms who believe the way you do. I bet there is a group on here for something like that. Good luck!
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 12:42 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• never heard of such a thing! ADHD is common (if it's not parents sure act like it!) patients, but I am here to tell you rules are still rules, they will learn to play on the I have ADHD, I can't help it . cuz, I see it in 20 yr olds all the time! Focus on what the child LOVES and can focus on, run their energy out (so anger or freak spasms don't occur), but always let them know the rules kids can remember things no matter what they have. You might be able to find an herbal medicine that could cut it down a little bit. I WILL tell you my nephew has that problem and his meds help him a great deal in school and makes him a little more willing and happy to go, but he doesn't take them in the summer time. he is well behaved and listens for the most part they use to have him run out his extra energy when it was needed, needless to say the running helped him better himself in wrestling that he loves so much! only pinned 2 in 2 yrs
    kbishop8688

Answer by kbishop8688 at 12:46 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• I have heard of the child services step-in but thts for extreme cases. My son is very close on the chart according to our pediatrician so hee advice and the teachers at school was this, take all foods tht hve red dyes n thm for sme reason thy make symptoms worse, no more hot dogs or processed meats. I started makin tuna or chicken sandwiches and my son is sooo much better ddnt use any meds. Thy also recommend sports and no tv or electronics 2hrs before bedtime tht one was hard cuz he threw a fit but stood my ground. He's better. Is say avoid meds use only as a last resort.
    msboerschinger

Answer by msboerschinger at 12:52 AM on Mar. 25, 2011