I do not believe in god but i will be attending church. what do i do? what will they call me?

It is a christian church.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:41 AM on Mar. 25, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• More than likely they will welcome you with open arms and be glad to have you with them. I would just go and enjoy meeting new people and keep an open, loving mind. : )
    Ruthmom802

Answer by Ruthmom802 at 12:44 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• They won't call you anything. They'll be happy you joined their service and will welcome you back.
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 12:51 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• I'm with msboerschinger and letstalk. WHY??? If you don't believe, what do you think you'll get from going to church?? Is it for a special occasion like a wedding or a funeral? That's okay. But, really, it's just a building. If there is no god in your life NOW, there never will be. Hopefully, they will treat you courteously and answer any questions you might have. But you need to be ready in case they don't.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 7:53 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• i don't believe in god. I attend church when asked to for an occasion. they call me by my name, to do anything else is just rude.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:43 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• huh? I would say as long as you don't say that you don't believe in God, nobody would ever know or say anything to you. If they did, I would imagine it would be confusion as to what are you hoping to accomplish by coming to church? lol
    Anonymous

• You don't have to "do" anything but show up and be your friendly self. If someone asks you what you believe, be honest and if that makes them uncomfortable, that's their problem. You would be welcome in my church anytime! :)
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 1:01 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• Nobody will call you anything. People will probably introduce themselves and ask your name. They will also probably invite you to come back anytime, but nobody is going to digging into your personal beliefs and labeling you as anything.
    asmcbride

Answer by asmcbride at 9:38 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• A real Christian church won't call you anything. Real Christian churches should be loving and welcoming to ALL people! This is why I love my church so much :)
    Renee3K

Answer by Renee3K at 3:04 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• Wow... the last post... blows my mind.

Anyway... just be you. I agree with ReneeK's post.. my church would just welcome you and ask you your name and just converse with you. We do not ask if you are a believer or not. We would love you regardless but I will tell you we have had non christians come in and leave wanting to know more about God's love. Our church has that impact. We are free flowing and do not hide who we are in Him. That is how church should be.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 11:10 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• why ?
    letstalk747

Answer by letstalk747 at 12:42 AM on Mar. 25, 2011