Have you ever gotten a false negative on a pregnancy test?

I am a week late- everything smells bad, I am sick to my stomach- I took a test (not first pee) and it said not pregnant- should I try again or accept this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:03 PM on Nov. 26, 2008 in Pregnancy

• It happens all the time! you may not be far enough along or you could just not have enough preg. hormone in your urine so if you arent due for a period for another few days or so i would wait and try again then but if you have already missed your period and have taken the test, believe you are pregnant, but it's negative... go to the obgyn and get a blood test done because like i said the hormone just may very likely be too small of an amount to detect!
    mamad86

Answer by mamad86 at 1:06 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• Yeah, it happens a lot. Not to me but I know it does... You should just wait a few more days and re-test or go get bloodwork. I have a friend that when she is pregnant the tests will never say pos, she has to get blood tests to have proof
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 1:13 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• I got a false negative with both of my boys!! Re-test in a couple days...good luck
    ljliammama

Answer by ljliammama at 1:28 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• its happened to me with both pregnancies. i will only use ept tests now since i used cvs rite aid brands before and they were all wrong eve a month into my pregnancy.
    kahmommy

Answer by kahmommy at 1:35 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• Retry it with your first pee of the day,
    Anonymous