What do you tell a friend....

Who met her husband online, had a baby and has a rocky marriage with this guy, who is now talking to another guy online that she met online when her and her husband were married.....she is now leaving her husband for this new "online flame".

I'm seriously at a loss. I don't want rude suggestions, but genuine and thoughtful advice.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:04 AM on Mar. 25, 2011 in Relationships

• I have a friend who got pregnant with her ex, married him even though she claimed she didn't love him, and now, 2 kids later, she's been communicating with someone online. I don't say anything because I know she knows better. I've watched this whole drama take place and been speechless because I know she knows better. I wish I could give you a suggestion, but if she already knows, she's not going to listen to anything you have to say. Good luck!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:06 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• *sighs* there is nothing I can say. She shouldn't have gotten married like that. You can't really suggest her to stay if she doesn't want to, but you shouldn't tell her to leave. She made her bed, she should have to sleep in it. Or at least TRY to make it work out. There are so many different things that could be said, but honestly there is nothing you can say that will make her listen to reason. If she doesn't think she should be with the guy she is married to for some man that she doesn't even know, but still makes empty promises and makes her feel more wanted than her husband (Yes, 9/10 times that IS the case) that is all on her. The only you can do is support her either way she chooses, but is she screws up again, I wouldn't be so nice about it. .. The grass is always greener on the other side...
    kbishop8688

Answer by kbishop8688 at 1:08 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• I would stay out of it. I would make sure she is putting her children first but other than that she can screw up her life if she wants.
    dbodani

Answer by dbodani at 1:39 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• what is it you really want maybe you need to ask your self what am i looking for
    RAVENRABIT

Answer by RAVENRABIT at 2:34 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• I hope I could just continue to be as supportive as possbile until she genuinely asked me for my opinion. But if she asked me what I thought I would NOT hold back.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 8:29 AM on Mar. 25, 2011