Can this be right?

I got my period march 11 it lasted 5 days. On the 4th day of my period my fiance and I had unprotected sex. On the 24th I took an ovulation test to see if I was ovulating because this would be around the time I'm supposed to. It came back positive. I took a hpt on the 25 just to take it and there was a very faint line. A couple hours later I took a second one(around 4:30pm) and again a very faint like but it was a little bit darker. I bought a different test and took it at 6:00pm and there was a + sign. At 9:30pm I took a fourth test and it was negative. Am I pregnant and I just didn't have enough hcg in the last test? Is it possible to get a positive result this early(my period isn't due for another 2 weeks)? Should I contact my doctor or wait?

kvanness0824

Asked by kvanness0824 at 1:06 AM on Mar. 25, 2011 in Pregnancy

• It's unusual, but there's only ONE thing that could possibly make even a faint line: pregnancy! Congratulations, hon!
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 1:08 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• 1st thing in the morning will tell you deary! Most hormones are in that urine! I can tell you your chances are high.. but I have had the same problem and I was NEGATIVE with no period for 2 months.. turns out I can cancer cells on my cervix.! Try first thing in the morning + make a Dr's appointment!
    kbishop8688

Answer by kbishop8688 at 1:10 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• I just thought it was strange to get a positive result this early. I'll call the doc tomorrow. :)
    kvanness0824

Comment by kvanness0824 (original poster) at 2:19 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• it's hard to say. You may want to wait 2 weeks and test again
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 2:33 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• Based on what you have said I think you my have got pregnant last month if you are already getting positive test now. I would contact your Dr and tell them what is going on, the last test maybe look for a higher level of hcg then the 1st one you took. Good luck.
    Graciesmom528

Answer by Graciesmom528 at 8:38 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• it sounds to me like you are preggers! but i would contact the doctor just to be sure!
    mommie_of02

Answer by mommie_of02 at 8:45 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• Just an update, I took a digital test this morning and it was negative. I called the doctor and he told me that I probably am not pregnant but after hearing I had 3 positive tests he said to wait another week and test again. I'm confused by the whole thing. This happened to me 2 months in a row. In jan I had a positive test 2 hours later it was negative and then I got my period. Last month I had a positive test then a negative test and my period was 5 days late.
    kvanness0824

Comment by kvanness0824 (original poster) at 5:39 PM on Mar. 25, 2011