I dont know what to do anymore.....

my mom told me that me and my boyfriend can go stay with her, and he would have 2 months to find a job where she lives so he can stay with me and the baby, she was telling me today how i can get on wic and food stamps, and said it would give him more time to find a job. my boyfriend was talking to his mom because she was asking questions about whats gonna happen with the baby and everything and she says going to live with my mom isnt even worth it....so i told him if his parents are wiling to let me stay at their house then so be it but until then he's gonna have to put up with what we already have had planed for 3 months now......if this doesnt work and he cant find a job idk what im going to do..i dont want him to miss out on his sons life....he already cant see his daughter at all.....i told him if he has to move back to his parents ill go with him

i really dont know what to do anymore, im scared that nothing i had planed is going to work and he;s going to miss his sons life, or he's just gonna get so fed up with everything and listen to his parents and not even come with me

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:08 AM on Mar. 25, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Why does his mom say it's not worth it? Is she jealous of your fam?
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 1:11 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• i have no idea.....she says its not worth it because if he doesnt get a job within a couple month he'll just have to leave....but honestly i dont know what MY mom is thinking right now...now that she knows about the stuff i can get but all this stuff is stressing me out....
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:13 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• I know the feeling. SAME situation at my moms house (which ended up a either you get the balls and support my daughter or you need to leave and I'LL do it) I had the baby and he ended up being a pos (major especially when it came to "our" daughter whom is 3 yrs. old that he only sees every other weekend to keep face with the courts).. We worked on it for 3 months after she was born and then one day he decided he never wanted to get married, have anymore kids, and he didn't want to move out of his parents house because he couldn't "afford it". So I left, got my own apartment supported myself, Lily and a babysitter (who only babysat and wasn't expected to work b/c of it). Don't leave, especially since your child has already established where home is.. moving will only confuse the little one. A job may be hard to find, but the most determined people never have a problem finding one. He can do it... if he wants to
    kbishop8688

Answer by kbishop8688 at 1:15 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• your mom is thinking about you. Think about it this way.. When your son grows up.. would you want him to be with a "lazy something or other that can't get a job or doesn't want to, but it more than willing to live off of you", or would you want him to settle down with someone that has a job and is always looking for better?
    kbishop8688

Answer by kbishop8688 at 1:18 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• the baby isnt even here yet....thats why im stressing about this right now.....
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:19 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• were only 18 and 20.....
    Anonymous

• All you both can do is try. You need to try for the baby, No family falls in place without work. He needs to work toward finding a job and prividing for you and his baby. As well as wic will be a good idea. Farmula can be really expensive and any extra help will be helpful. It will only work if both of you want it to. Good luck and I hope it does.
    Kimberly71682

Answer by Kimberly71682 at 1:20 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• in NO way am i knocking your boyfriend.. i'm just talking from her point of view! and i promise you can stress all you want, but stressing will not get you in any better state to take care of your son. Have faith in your boyfriend.. Help him get a job, even if it is writing down his information for him so it's readable.. Obviously his parents don't think he can do, so he needs some support.. if he can't get it from you who is he going to get it from?
    kbishop8688

Answer by kbishop8688 at 1:20 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• I had my daughter when I was 21 :) he was too though. It's not so much that. My mom blew up on him like 2 days before Christmas I has Lily the 5th of January.. Take deep breaths. Stress can harm the baby and I know you don't want that. It will be okay and work out in due time, even if it's not the way you are hoping for Currently I am 24 and married to a wonderful man that I wish was the father of my child.. It worked out, I did want the family together, but not with him being an irresponsible prick, I sacrificed to get better.. Here is hoping he has more motivation than my ex did.
    kbishop8688

Answer by kbishop8688 at 1:22 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• I would like to be your friend.. we can keep in touch via e-mail if you like.. even if it is for you to vent.. Wasn't that long ago I was in your shoes :)
    kbishop8688

Answer by kbishop8688 at 1:23 AM on Mar. 25, 2011