Rash on face??

first week thought it could be from teething but going on week #2 and its still off and on..my baby is 9 months and gets a rash around his mouth..then it goes for a day or two and gets really dry then comes back...Im going to call the Dr on monday if its not gone,switched laundry soap, any suggestions?? I thought it might be an allergic reation to food but he hasnt had anything hes never had before...

socalikim

Asked by socalikim at 3:50 AM on Mar. 25, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• maybe dry skin? It does sound like a food allergy. Maybe a new toy? GL! keep us posted!
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 4:00 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• Any new sippy cups? Perhaps he is allergic to the material? Can you think of anything new that baby has in or around his mouth? I personally doubt it's laundry detergent, as the rash would probably be in more areas than just the mouth.
    Razelda

Answer by Razelda at 4:53 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• Mine are older but recently one of them had a rash on his cheek and the doctor said those kinds of rashes are often asthma induced. I don't know, I'm just passing along info told to me from a pediatrician. That's all I have.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 8:10 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• formula fed or breast fed?
    i would eliminate dairy and see what happens.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 10:33 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• I have an 11 month old and my sister has an 9 month old. Both of our babies had this problem from about 6 months until 9 months. I spent months trying to figure out what was causing it. It turned out som kinds of plastics made his face break out. I started using only metal spoons for feedings, and took away most of the plastic baby teething toys that seemed to make it worse. After a few months he stopped getting the rash.
    wood1980

Answer by wood1980 at 10:39 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• we just switched to plastic spoons...never thought about that..crazy! thanks ladies:)
    socalikim

Comment by socalikim (original poster) at 1:59 AM on Mar. 26, 2011