Found out why i have a lisp...

i thought at first that it was about my tongue but now it seems it's because of my theets .... there is not enought place in my mouth for my tongue... so i will probably have to wear braces or something... i wonder how long it will take for my theets to move to the right place... any body wore braces before? any idea how long it takes?... probably years right?

krystina888

Asked by krystina888 at 4:18 AM on Mar. 25, 2011 in Health

• it depends on the problem with your Teeth. it might take one year, it might take three years, and you might always have to wear some sort of retainer at night.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 4:22 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• it depends on how far apart your teeth are

June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 4:22 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• my son had braces put on 4 months ago and believe it or not, his teeth are completely staight now! I'm not saying this will happen in everyones situation, but he had some teeth that really protruded out plus very crooked. It's amazing how quickly they move. He also has some wire bracket in the roof of his mouth that makes it expand, the ortho told us he'd have to have that for a few months. So, you should see immediate results!
    anichols1

Answer by anichols1 at 5:46 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• It can take longer for an adult. I wore them for 2 years when I was 14
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:45 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• Wth are theets?!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:06 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• My daughter had braces for almost 2 years and her teeth became straight and even. She was instructed to wear a retainer at night but she lost it and never told me. So now, 3 years later, her teeth are almost right back to the position they were in before she got braces! We are looking into the invisalign type of brace but it is hugely expensive. For now she wears a night guard to prevent her from grinding her teeth at night. It also seems to be keeping her teeth in position. See your dentist. Good luck!
    Rosemirrors

Answer by Rosemirrors at 9:57 AM on Mar. 26, 2011

• PS: My teen-age daughter wore them for 2 years. My adult uncle wore them for 4 years with a night-time retainer. It all depends are how mis-spaced your teeth are. Generally, it takes longer for adults to respond to braces.
    Rosemirrors

Answer by Rosemirrors at 9:59 AM on Mar. 26, 2011