Is it normal for my son to never want to be put dowb?

He is such a sweet and good baby when he's being held. When I put him down he screams and cries. Occasionally he will enjoy his swing or watching his mobile in his play pen, but that usually only lasts a few minutes. However, if I lay him down by stay right there talking to him he is happy as can be. He is 2 months BTW. Is this normal behavior? Does it have to do with him being ebf?

bentleysmommy11

Asked by bentleysmommy11 at 5:34 AM on Mar. 25, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Totally normal, he is so young, you are comforting him. I'd invest in a moby wrap if you don't already have one. And I know it's tough, but it will get better. In the meantime just know you are his source of comfort right now and enjoy that!
    cdecker83

Answer by cdecker83 at 5:37 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• I love cuddling on him, and even napping with him. My mom kind of made me believe it wasn't normal cause She said she always out us in our swings for hours and we loved it. She's also always calling him fussy And saying I'm creating a mobster by spoiling him. Thank you for making me feel like everything is okay! Hrhe
    bentleysmommy11

Comment by bentleysmommy11 (original poster) at 5:44 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• You are doing great. he is so young and needs mom close by right now. Make sure he has interesting things to look at and hold when he is old enough, so he will want to explore the world, and go from there.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:44 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• My LO is the same way. I can only cook and clean while she is sleeping. My husband get home from work around 11pm, and that usually when I am able to start his dinner (because he can hold her) Sometimes she'll hang out in the swing for an hour or so, but that's few and far between. BTW, she's almost 3 months old. At this stage, they want the warm and security of being held. Makes them feel safe. You are doing great. Your mom probably means well, but this is your baby, do what YOU feel is right, and don't let her make you feel bad about it!!
    kimberlykuney

Answer by kimberlykuney at 9:01 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• Same with my son, never like to be put down on pack and play. I bought a mobile gym, bouncer, swing and jumper and give him some tummy time so I don't have to hold him all day. I love to hug him all day, but sometimes I do get tired. They need our attention and feels safe when we hold them so it's perfectly normal
    Amy2079

Answer by Amy2079 at 11:27 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• You are normal, you r mom is incorrect. Babies have an instinctive need to be close to mom... their protector!

Answer by gdiamante at 12:45 PM on Mar. 25, 2011