What a waste!

How can I diplomatically/reverse psychology even my 12 yo daughter into wearing other shoes and clothes in her closet rather than THE SAME OLD THING? Any hints or ideas? It's not that I or her Dad picked out the clothing (she did) but only wants to wear THE SAME OLD CLOTHES AND SHOES. What a waste of money if we let this go on. Please don't tell me to let her wear what she wants to (we have a big investment in shoes and clothes that aren't being worn).

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:44 AM on Mar. 25, 2011 in General Parenting

• let her wear them til they get too holey or worn out that they need to be tossed then she will wear the other stuff.
    I'm sure it's just a phase. Don't you ever have a certain outfit that you just love and wear a little too much? I do.
    And if it bothers you that much, sell the unused ones and get at least some of your money back
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 5:51 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• Have you thought about having a "laundry accident" with "they same old clothes"?? Ooops, I wasn't supposed to use bleach??
    kimberlykuney

Answer by kimberlykuney at 9:07 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• Definitely done the "laundry" accident with dd clothes. I buy her all this stuff and then she rarely ever wears it - GUESS WHAT? I stopped buying her clothes every year - as she got older I only bought her a few things here or there as she really needed it. Saved me a ton of frustration with her and money
    8Tinkerboo8

Answer by 8Tinkerboo8 at 11:00 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• Just hide them and magically not be able to find them for a while.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 11:51 AM on Mar. 25, 2011