How old was your LO when they were first babysat?

My mom is coming over tomorrow night to babysit my 2 month old for a few hours while me and my hubby go to the movies. I'm nervous!

bentleysmommy11

Asked by bentleysmommy11 at 5:47 AM on Mar. 25, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I had to go back to work when DS was 7 weeks old. He was and still is watched during the day by my MIL.
    Wish2Be

Answer by Wish2Be at 7:16 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• My youngest was over a year old lol. We didnt want to part with her, even for grandma or a movie.

Answer by gemgem at 7:42 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• my first was 3 months old, I was nervous, but my dh's aunt wanted to babysit her when dh and I went fishing so I let her (I was going to take the baby with us), but I called like every 5 minutes to check on her then I wanted to go pick her up early cause I missed her to much lol. With my youngest she was probably about 11 months old when we went christmas shopping. I don't get a sitter very often. The one I am pregnant with now I am not going to let anyone watch this one while this one is a baby lol it is our last and I don't want to miss out on anything lol
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 8:03 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• I know I'm gonna be calling a lot! My mom wants him to stay overnight soon! I don't know if I can do that!
    bentleysmommy11

Comment by bentleysmommy11 (original poster) at 8:41 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• #1 was only like a week or so old. We had to go to the next town over to look at something and it was just easier to leave her with family because we were 3 people in a pick-up truck. There wasn't room for her.
    #2 was 1mo. We were visiting family and they watched him and our oldest at night
    #3 was like 5-6 months I think...just long enough for us to go to dinner, probably
    #4 was...like 17 months, I guess. I had to have my dad watch her for a couple hours so I could run an emergency errand that would have been too difficult with her dragged along (I had to walk)
    #5 was 3 weeks old. we were visiting family and they watched him for a few hours so we could go out to eat and get a break (we were in the process of moving across the country and were both exhausted and stressed out)
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 11:14 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• I went back to work when DD was a little over 12 weeks. I'd had a few nights to myself, the first when she was 4 weeks...my grandma babysat.
    JustCantWait88

Answer by JustCantWait88 at 5:51 PM on Mar. 26, 2011