How old was your LO when they began rolling over?

Just curious! My 8 week old is beggining to roll to his side and sleep that occasionally. Wondering if he's going to start rolling over soon!

bentleysmommy11

Asked by bentleysmommy11 at 5:49 AM on Mar. 25, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• not sure when they did it from ack to belly unless I get out their baby books, but my oldest was always advanced for her age. She was rooling from her belly to her back at 6 weeks old my youngest was turning from belly to back at 8-12 weeks old I don't remember, but I know it wasn't far from her sister
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 7:58 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• #1 was 5 1/2 months
    #2 was 3 1/2 months
    #3 was 5 months
    #4 was exactly 3 months (the day she turned 3 months she rolled and then slept through the night...busy day, I guess)
    #5 was 3 1/2 months

All 5 of them rolled back to front first and then figured out the other way a few days later. #2 actually rolled back to front to back all in one go. But they all spent all their time on the floor. I never held them all day so they had plenty of time to practice. The only time they were being held was when they were being held or were a little fussy...otherwise they were on the floor sleeping or playing.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 10:59 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• my first baby was 3 months, 2nd baby did not roll over until close to 6 months old, but he was born with Down Syndrome, my 3rd baby rolled over at 3 months, and my 4th baby who is now 11 months old still mainly rolls from back to belly. He is making great progress though and is in early intervention.
    team21

Answer by team21 at 11:38 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• Wow, 8 weeks! My daughter started rocking at about 4 months, and didn't fully roll over until recently, at 5 months. She's almost 6 months right now, and started rolling in full circles and sleeping on her side.
    JustCantWait88

Answer by JustCantWait88 at 5:50 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• My DS has been rocking over to his side the last couple weeks. He just turned 2 months yesterday. J have a feeling he will be rolling over soon!
    bentleysmommy11

Comment by bentleysmommy11 (original poster) at 6:38 AM on Mar. 27, 2011