College Degree anyone?

Do you have any college degrees? If so, in what? Would you go back to college (or go to college), and for what degree if so? What job do you have with your degree(s), or what job would you like with your degree(s)?

My answer:
I have an Associate of Arts in Social Work, and in 2 weeks will complete my courses for a Bachelors of Science in Criminal Justice with a Focus in Juvenile Justice. I am contemplating taking 11 more courses and getting a 2nd Bachelor's Degree in Child and Family Welfare, and then in a few years getting my Masters of Social Work. I want to work with DSS, not sure exactly what yet, helping out children and teens. I would LOVE to be a social worker, but now you need an MSW to actually be a social worker (atleast where I'm from).

laird6372

Asked by laird6372 at 5:57 AM on Mar. 25, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I am on the same path as you! I have my Associates in Social and Behavioral Sciences and am going back this fall to finish up my Bachelors in Justice Studies and I want to go into Juvenile Probation! I wanted to go strictly for Juvenile Justice but couldn't find any schools (I have to do online because I live overseas). My second choice is to go into drug/alcohol rehabilitation therapy (not sure exactly what it is called).
    ILoveCade

Answer by ILoveCade at 6:56 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• I've got a handful - BS, MS, PhD. After 14 years of college/grad school, I have no desire to go back. Not to mention, I love my job, so I'm not feeling a pull to gain education elsewhere. My education is in paleontology - I currently run a laboratory at a children's hospital where I investigate the development of the skull in kids.
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 9:33 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• Cool! I am overseas, too (military wife). I went to Kaplan :)
    laird6372

Comment by laird6372 (original poster) at 7:11 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• I have my AA in Psychology, Bachelor in Human Services Management :-)

Answer by gemgem at 7:41 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• I'm in the middle of getting my Bachelors of Science in Nursing degree, and then I'm getting my master's to be a CRNA. :)
    CollegeMommy121

Answer by CollegeMommy121 at 7:51 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• nursing for me and no i dont wanna go back
    mommie_of02

Answer by mommie_of02 at 8:58 AM on Mar. 25, 2011