Any tips on how to lose weight without feeling like you're starving?

I've been slightly overweight since I was medicated for a severe depression disorder at age 11. They changed my medication and I've lost some weight but not that the pounds are actually coming off, do you ladies have any tips on how to lose the rest?

jspenny2705

Asked by jspenny2705 at 6:29 AM on Mar. 25, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• Yes, Eat 6-8 small meals throughout the day so you dont feel like your starving It can take a few days for your tummy to shrink and get used to small meals but if you stick with it your body will adjust.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 9:54 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• The only true way to lose weight and keep it off is a lifestyle change.
    Weight loss is all about one thing : calories in vs. calories out.
    You have to consume the correct amount and correct types of macronutrients in order for you body to perform basic functions ( this is your basal metabolic rate). You also have to move. One pound of fat contains 3500 calories so you have to burn an extra 3500 calories per week to lose 1 lb.
    The best way to lose weight is to eat as cleanly as possible- fiber, lean proteins, fruits and veggies, limit junk/processed foods/sodium, drink half your body weight in water, and whole grains.
    Work out at least 3 days per week for 30-60 minutes for each workout. Cardio and strength training work hand in hand- as you build muscle you will burn fat in cardio. Your heart rate should be up for 30 minutes at a time in cardio.
    I lost 57 lbs in 9 months doing these things...I started at 167 lbs,
    mcginnisc

Answer by mcginnisc at 7:41 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• When I try to lose weight I eat a non fat or light yogurt before every meal w a glass of water makes me feel full so I eat less. Thn everytime I feel hungry I eat 5 almonds and a glass of water. Works for me everytime.
    msboerschinger

Answer by msboerschinger at 6:40 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• LOTS of veggies! eat a big salad with chick peas or a little grilled chicken for lunch then while your making your dinner eat a salad before you even have your dinner on the table. the veggies make you full so you wont over eat. Also instead of putting your food on a regular dinner plate, put it on a smaller plate because it tricks your brain into thinking you have a heaping plate full when you don't. Also blue plates are appetite suppresants. Im not sure why, but I read that a few different places. For me it's about portion control. I can eat healthy, but I eat a lot of it and that pretty much cancels out the healthy.

cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 7:00 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• someone once told me to watch my sodium intake, if you dont...then you eat a bunch of sodium and it begans to make you have something called water weight. the sodium holds everything inside your body making it seem you gain weight or the stuck on the same weight. i hope i described that correctly. ive benn watching my sodium intake as i am doing the same things and eating the same things and it seems to be working for me
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 7:23 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• Weight loss is not about less calories in, more calories out. The human body is much more complex than that simple mathematics formula suggests. I lost 70+ pounds by simply turning my body into a fuel burning machine rather than a fat storing one. I echo what anon above says about the bad carbs and insulin connection. My appetite was diminished, unlike when I was on what is considered the "standard for losing weight in this country" diet - you know, follow the food pyramid, eat lo-fat/hi carb, lean proteins and plenty of veggies. I gained 25 pounds (yes, I did work out; 5 times a week), and I never cheated once BUT I was ravenous all the time... carbs drive insulin and insulin signals hunger . And I did it under a doctor's care. What a joke! I now eat plenty of lean protein with lots of veggies, I limit my sugar and bad carbs (though I do have them) and I'm the healthiest (and least hungriest) I've ever been.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:03 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• Body by Vi shakes! People are having AMAZING results, in 2 weeks my jeans are loose (I do not have a scale here, lol just moved) and they are cheaper than slim fast or other things on the market! Let me know if you would like further info, I love it so much I rep for the company!
    onyourterms

Answer by onyourterms at 11:01 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• eat god and work out it may not come off right away but should in time good luck
    ChanQ

Answer by ChanQ at 1:03 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• Not sure if it will work, but I went back on the slim fast this morning. I'm going to do it right this time, I drink a full glass of water first, a shake for early breakfast and lunch, a slim fast snack mid-morning and mid-afternoon, and a regular dinner with lost of water in between. I also bought some green tea fat burners, I don't want to do pills, but this seems a little more natural. I belive you loose weight better if you eat more often but little amounts. Whatever you do, do it the healthy way and good luck!
    joanie70

Answer by joanie70 at 6:36 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• For me, I limit carbs (bread, crackers, pasta, rice, etc.). The minute I cut back on those, my hunger is gone within 2 days (it's the excess insulin that's released as a result of the carbs that drives hunger). I literally have to force myself to eat at that point and I actually forget to eat. Plus, my weight drops so easily.

I learned years ago that I'm carbohydrate intolerant. I started reading up on carbohydrate addiction and hyperinsulinemia (no, I'm not diabetic) and learned about the carbo/insulin connection and how it impacts hunger, weight, and all kinds of disease.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:21 AM on Mar. 25, 2011