How do you handle this?

My son is a mommy's boy to the core. If I'm home, which I always am, he wants to be in the same room with me. He follows me into the bathroom and if I don't let him in, he has a fit at the door. He watches me get dressed and every other every day thing I may do except shower. I was wondering at what age you think I need to start setting boundaries about him being in the room with me??? He is turning 2 in two weeks.

jspenny2705

Asked by jspenny2705 at 6:44 AM on Mar. 25, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My son is 5 and I'm just stopping that. There is nothing wrong with it at that age. It's nice to have a bond like that.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 7:45 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• This is an area where as long as you are comfortable, then its fine. He is very little and I think we tend to make our babies grow up too fast these days. He will grow out of it and then you will look around one day and miss him wanting to be so near you all the time.
    parajumper3

Answer by parajumper3 at 6:56 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• I think that if he is 5 and still doing it....you might have a problem, but right now its fine :)
    Enjoy it. Like PP said...he is going to grow fast and your going to miss having him want to be with you soo much.
    Wish2Be

Answer by Wish2Be at 7:42 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• I agree. So, I think kindergarten age would be the time to start breaking those habits.
    marissax

Answer by marissax at 9:09 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• Enjoy it while you can! Soon enough they don't want much to do with us unless they need something...and not just our company
    ihavetwo2

Answer by ihavetwo2 at 10:33 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• i would start . But to a point like getting dressed. you should set a limit when you start to not feel comfortable
    Mrs.Ro

Answer by Mrs.Ro at 1:05 PM on Mar. 25, 2011