Has anyone seen the new childrens movie "Rango" that just came out in theaters? is it as bad as my sister is saying it is?

my sister can be a little dramatic but she was telling me she took her kids to see the DISNEY movie and that the characters were saying stuff like "go to hell"..and one character keeps saying "damn." what is your opinion?

shay1130

Asked by shay1130 at 7:49 AM on Mar. 25, 2011 in General Parenting

• All of my friends who went to see it said it was a cartoon movie for ADULTS.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 11:49 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 8:42 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• I haven't seen it..but it is suppose to be cute . Johnny Depp plays Rango....that's enough for me :P
    justalady774

Answer by justalady774 at 8:03 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• My son and nephew saw it last weekend, they are both 11, they said it was boring and there was a lot of swearing in it!

anichols1

Answer by anichols1 at 8:16 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• I saw it but I dont really remember them saying damn or hell. It was pretty cute. There was one woman behind us who busted up laughing at every little thing. My 4 yr old liked it. I would wait to rent it rather than going to the theater.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 8:29 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• wow, sounds more like an adult humor movie.
    shay1130

Comment by shay1130 (original poster) at 8:50 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• i would still allow my son to see it but i don't see how i got away with being rated pg..lol
    shay1130

Comment by shay1130 (original poster) at 8:51 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• After reading all that, I think we'd take a pass on it. There's too many other great movies for my kids to see that don't have obnoxious, trashy content, so we'll focus on catching those when they come out on DVD, lol.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 8:54 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• I took my 4 year old to see it last night. I kind of thought she wasn't that into it but she watched the whole the movie (that was the first time we didn't leave early at the movie theatre) and it was kind of long. They did swear (hell and damn, no f-bombs or anything) a little but I wasn't that worried my daughter knows what word are bad words that she is not allowed to say. The only thing was at the end it gets a little scary with a big rattle snake who has eyes that glow. As an adult I thought it was pretty funny but a little surprised my daughter liked it.

lilysmom2607

Answer by lilysmom2607 at 9:09 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• My 5 yr old and his friend loved it, it's not in my top 5 like Aladdin or Little mermaid but it was ok, they totally overlooked the language, i missed it a few times myself. I'd let him see it again.
    JenzAmomOf2

Answer by JenzAmomOf2 at 10:14 AM on Mar. 25, 2011