Is there a sectin On teens with autism on cafe mom if so how do I get there?

I need help with my son, he is mainsteamed at school he just has a little system. he's not that bad, but we need help for him in history .he doesn't seem to be interested in that subject. How can we help my son to find some interest. in that subject he needs it for school.Any ideas ,please help. Thanks in advance,

incarnita

Asked by incarnita at 7:56 AM on Mar. 25, 2011 in About CafeMom

• My sons 17 and has high functioning autism. I am sure you know after so many years dealing with it once they get their mind set to something its so hard to change it. We get mine interested in things by surrounding him with the subject. So for history I would probably take him to some places with historical value and let him learn hands on why history is so important.

Answer by gemgem at 8:20 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• What are his passions? Where does his interest lie? Everything has a history of some sort. Start with what he is interested in and go from there. Even though he's mainstreamed (DD is 14 and has Aspergers and is mainstreamed) this might be a place for an autism support teacher to co-teach so he can be pulled into the subject. You need to spark an interest in the subject and hopefully he'll take to it a bit.

JSD24

Answer by JSD24 at 9:00 AM on Mar. 25, 2011