Is selling homemade crafts a good way to make a little extra cash?

seems like everyone today is trying to sell something. but do you think homemade crafts are over done and do you love to see new people's ideas with the chance to buy?

oldfashionSAHM

Asked by oldfashionSAHM at 8:09 AM on Mar. 25, 2011 in Money & Work

• New ideas! New creations! Some people put things together in such creative ways. I'd love to see different visions since we are all different.
    Alexias30

Answer by Alexias30 at 8:32 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• It's depends on your market and what the craft is. I sell refurbished/repurpised furniture and around in my area it works out great but it might not where you live. If you have something people want to buy then I say go for it!
    Liamsmom09

Answer by Liamsmom09 at 8:12 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• Selling anything is a good idea if you know people will want to buy the item.. maybe go around the neighborhood and let everyone know and see if they are interested.. I LOVE HOMEMADE CRAFTS!!!!
    kylansmommy09

Answer by kylansmommy09 at 8:11 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• My mom sells awesome wreaths of all seasons at the local flea market here, and she's doing quite well. Now she's selling Easter wreaths, and they're selling like hot cakes. My mom is really talented. She even made all the wreaths and flowers in my home. You guys should also see her Christmas wreaths, I'll post pics here soon. Yes, you can make tons of money selling crafts. My mom is averaging enough money selling her floral arrangemnts that she was able to reduce to working part time. Good luck to you!
    ambr2006

Answer by ambr2006 at 8:17 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• I love homemade crafts of all sorts. We have a farm festival in our area every year and can't wait to go and see what things I can buy. I've boughten baby bibs, blankets, wood knick knacks, anything Christmas, hair bows (I have an addiction of buying hair bows for my daughter). My favorite homemade craft I bought was a pretty lamp made out of a wine bottle. It's a clear wine bottle that has pretty painted flowers on it and has a string of Christmas lights in it. It looks amazing! I paid $25 for it. It's an idea.
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 9:00 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• Here in SC there are homemade crafts for sale everywhere and people seem to just love them.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 9:38 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• Go get some ideas on etsy. I saw the cutest homemade crayons that I would totally buy for my daughter. And if you do gift baskets, those can sell well too...maybe homemade lotions or bath salts? Homemade jams and stuff like that can sell well too. My tip would only be to keep it affordable.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 9:56 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• I like seeing the new ideas and having the chance to get in on some of it :) My mother makes a KILLING making cakes for people. She is an AWESOME baker, and she comes up with the cutest ideas :) She made my oldest a princess castle cake for her birthday.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 12:00 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• If you can find someone to buy them then its a great thing. For me personally though I dont buy hand made things or what not. I just think they end up causing clutter is why.

Answer by gemgem at 8:19 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• right now i'm thinking candles, soaps, lotions, maybe even add in pet care and shampoos... pretty much anything i'm interested in. because if i can get them to sell it means i can make more. and i love making stuff.
    oldfashionSAHM

Comment by oldfashionSAHM (original poster) at 10:00 AM on Mar. 25, 2011