How would you take it if someone said this to you?

i have pretty much choose not to tell people my due date or any information about my pregnancy because lets face it i want to be a little selfish with my 6th child. yesterday my mother came over asking me why the baby has not been born yet and that the baby should already be here (i'm not even due yet, close but not due), then she turned around and asked me if the baby was even still moving.

that really was a all new low for her. to me it sounded like she was saying i would kill my child. she is saying that i take everything she says wrong. i really think ANY WOMAN, choosing ANY BIRTH METHOD would be offended by a comment like this.

oldfashionSAHM

Asked by oldfashionSAHM at 8:19 AM on Mar. 25, 2011 in Pregnancy

• It sounded rude to me. I think she meant it sarcastically.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 9:18 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• Well you know the movements become less closer to delivery she may have just been fishing for information to see if you were close to your due date since you won't tell her.
    luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 8:24 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• i think you took it wrong. i wouldve said something like that. i think she was probably upset and said it because you are giving her such little info she was like..."well is the baby even there.." because she feels that she isnt there because you arent telling her anything
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 8:27 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• @rio brurb   you are'nt her mom so you dont know how she ment it... so my onpinion is as good as yours....

kylansmommy09

Answer by kylansmommy09 at 8:45 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• pregnant bellyIm super happy for you!!!!! Once you have the baby you have to tell us the sex and name :Dbaby gift

kylansmommy09

Answer by kylansmommy09 at 9:08 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• Wow sorry momma sometimes people do not think before they speak but she sounds consistent. Congrats on the baby!!
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 9:20 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• I'd have asked her in return WHY would you say that? Do you want the baby to be dead? Boy your ignorant because that's exactly how I took your question. Sometimes with a pushy Mom or MIL you need to push right back when it happens, not brood over it for days.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 9:28 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• That would have been time for her to leave. I wouldn't even call her to tell her the baby was born until you got home after a crack like that. Don't waste any time brooding over it, just put her in a time out and forget about her for a month!
    LoveMyDog

Answer by LoveMyDog at 9:33 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• Ok...so if the "is the baby even moving" comment wasn't bad enough, she has previously said that one of your children was "the ugliest you have delivered"?! That woman needs to be told off...and I am betting that you've got the pregnancy hormones built up to do it!
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 9:46 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• W O W . . . . i have never put my hands on my parents b4 but i might have turned around and slapped her right in the face! that was totally uncalled for.. CONGRATS btw on ur new little angel!!!!!
    kylansmommy09

Answer by kylansmommy09 at 8:25 AM on Mar. 25, 2011