Since the world has changed so much...

Have you changed your dreams and aspirations?

Alexias30

Asked by Alexias30 at 8:24 AM on Mar. 25, 2011 in Money & Work

• The only thing that has changed my aspirations is having a child. Suddenly becoming the next great artist/ business lady is not near as important. I have a studio set up in my basement for the art but I hardly use it because my time is better spent taking care of my son and husband right now. However I think it is good to reach for even higher goals than you initially had to begin with in times like these. You might not get paid the most right now because of the economy but you are more likely to get a higher position in a company because you are willing to work for less than the people who previously had the job. You can have the prestige and when the economy turns around there you will be in a great position to reap the benefits. That is if you live in a place that has jobs available. Some states just need to be evacuated right now cough Michigan.
    mrs.coop

Answer by mrs.coop at 8:32 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• No. I havent changed them because of the world or its circumstances. I have changed them because of issues in my own life (divorce etc).

Answer by gemgem at 8:25 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• Haven't changed them just working harder for them.
    Liamsmom09

Answer by Liamsmom09 at 8:28 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• No I han'nt. What will be will be. If the end comes in a few months so be it. In the meantime, I'm just going to keep pushing forward and not worry about the what if's in life.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 9:23 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• Kind of. NOt so much the changing times, but I don't think anyone would have expected me to go from MBA to raising babies and loving it the way I did. I think everyone expected me to be an on the go, jet set, career woman, and that is not what I wanted.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 9:28 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• No...I haven't changed my dreams. I just find them harder to attain since the cost of everything keeps rising.
    sonja911

Answer by sonja911 at 9:47 AM on Mar. 25, 2011