Amazon kindle or free app for the computer?

i've been going back and forth on this and can't make up my mind. which would you rather have and why?

oldfashionSAHM

Asked by oldfashionSAHM at 8:28 AM on Mar. 25, 2011 in

• I have both.

I like the portability of the Kindle. I don't like to be tied to a desk or even a plug in for the laptop. I can take the Kindle anywhere and it fits in my purse. And it's lighter than holding the laptop or even a paper book.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 8:39 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• I took the free app. It's free. Also I am on my computer a lot anyways so it doesn't make much of a difference to me. You can't miss what you don't know right?
    mrs.coop

Answer by mrs.coop at 8:34 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• Id rather have the kindle so I can read a book anywhere. It does work with the computer if you own one. You can download or upload to the kindle from a PC.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 9:21 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• I Love my kindle. Its so easy to take with you to dr appointments, waiting on kids at school, etc.
    Mammaw0604

Answer by Mammaw0604 at 9:25 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• I wouldn't want to read a book sitting at my computer. I like to read on the bus, or waiting for my kids in the car. Or in bed. For me a kindle would work better. Unless you have a laptop that you take everywhere. But that would be very heavy.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 10:29 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• App for the iphone but I have 5 kids at home, 2 under 2 and sure don't have the time I once did to read. LOL
    AAAMama

Answer by AAAMama at 11:26 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• free app on the computer
    jilligan362

Answer by jilligan362 at 1:32 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• I would much rather have the kindle so I can read wherever, whenever I'd like.
    Mommy2Max217

Answer by Mommy2Max217 at 2:27 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• not sure don't have a kindle and don't have a laptop so not sure what to tell you
    shadowia

Answer by shadowia at 4:01 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• App for my laptop....portable like the Kindle
    Librarylady60

Answer by Librarylady60 at 11:28 AM on Mar. 25, 2011