I had my membranes stripped yesterday cause my cervix wasn't progressing. Does this process make every woman go into labor?

Membranes Stripped

julybaby_08

Asked by julybaby_08 at 4:36 PM on Jul. 9, 2008 in Pregnancy

• No it doesn't. It may cause some spotting and it may help you contract but not likely to send you right into laber. HTH

Nurse at OBGYN.
    www.partiesbykristi.com

Kristi Landis :)
    kristilandis

Answer by kristilandis at 5:10 PM on Jul. 9, 2008

• No it doesn't. Some women will go into labor only hours later and for some women, it will no effect at all. I had my membranes stripped with my second son and it didn't do anything at all. I ended up being induced a week later.
    Kaybean

Answer by Kaybean at 5:37 PM on Jul. 9, 2008

• No it's not 100%. and it's common for it to cause a bit more then just spotting. I had to wear a pad for a couple days after cause I bled. With my last pregnancy I had them stripped on a friday and went into labor on a monday at 3 am. I have to keep in mind though that it was my 3rd pregnancy and my first two were delivered between 37 and 38 weeks, I was exactly 39 weeks when I delievered my 3rd baby. It may have been that I had my membranes stripped that put me into labor, or it may have been that my body/baby decided it was time. There's really no telling.
    misty1_sd

Answer by misty1_sd at 11:52 AM on Jul. 10, 2008