What do you think about a fish as a pet?

MMXI

Asked by MMXI at 8:46 AM on Mar. 25, 2011 in Pets

• if anyone in you home has pet allergies fish are the best thing to get.... we have several fish and they do have a few benefits. if you actually turn off the tv and watch the fish before bed it will help you to relax before going to sleep. but not really a good thing for kids unless your planning to be the one cleaning the tank and testing the water every so often. also keep a good eye on how much the fish are fed.
    oldfashionSAHM

Answer by oldfashionSAHM at 8:58 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• This is me being sarcastic - A fish is not a pet, it's a decoration. lol
    kimberlykuney

Answer by kimberlykuney at 8:49 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• I'd rather have fish than cats or dogs. I don't have any pets though. But my mother has fish and the kids love watching the fish tank. But a pain to keep clean.
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 8:48 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• i think its great!!! very cheap and kids love em i got a betta for my son and a lil bowl :D
    kylansmommy09

Answer by kylansmommy09 at 8:48 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• I have one and a lobster. They are fun for the little guy to watch.
    Liamsmom09

Answer by Liamsmom09 at 8:49 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• personally, I don't see them as a pet, more of a decoration (if u keep the tank clean). They are quiet, you don't have to clean up their mess every time time they poop.. you only have to clean up their tank once in a blue moon if your filter works right.. A lot less mess than other animals so easy but ... you can't pick them up or hold them and pet them. They also die a lot easier than most animals.
    kbishop8688

Answer by kbishop8688 at 8:50 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• my son wants a gold fish, but I don't really want one. we had a betta a few years ago and while cleaning a bowl really isnt hard it's still kind of a pain, and I wont get one anytime soon.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 8:51 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• Its just like any other pet. My dd has a beta and she loves it, but I clean the tank. And we keep the food out of reach so she doesnt dump it all in again
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 8:51 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• My dd has a gold fish. Other then cleaning the tank its been great.

Answer by gemgem at 8:53 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• I think it could make a good first pet for a young child. all young kids love watching them and giving them bits of food. A young kid can't walk the dog or clean up after one. It's small, easy to maintain, good for people in apartments who are not allowed larger pets. As for adults it is a decoration that moves and is alive.
    mrs.coop

Answer by mrs.coop at 8:56 AM on Mar. 25, 2011