JOBless

I'm 18 years old......
I really feel it's the time for a job. Michigan economy sucks right now so I really don't think I'm going to get hired anywhere! I have been trying to remain positive though.
If anyone knows anyone in Michigan that IS hiring please tell me. I'm 100% responsible and loyal. I hate running to MY mom whenever me or my daughter needs something. Her dad is helping tremendously but I want to work! I just finished school so it's perfect timing and all of my college is online.

If anyone knows managers at Lifetime Fitness or Tanning Salons. Or even department stores like Nordstroms. Thank you......

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:30 AM on Mar. 25, 2011 in Money & Work

• Where are you at in Mich ? In my area they are hiring in a lot of places... I am in Warren
    rebeccadac

Answer by rebeccadac at 9:35 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• Try and stay positive. You CAN get hired today even in a shitty economy. Service jobs like waitress and fast food are always looking for people. Apply EVERYWHERE. No job is beneath you when you have no job at all. Go to your local unemployment office or look at the unemployment office online. They always have a wall with lots of job postings. Also look for a "Day Labor" place in your area, it may not be steady but something is better than nothing. Temp agency's are also a good choice as lots of company's will hire you after temping for the
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 9:36 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• – collapse
    LOL, your 18 and you are finally deciding it's time for a job? Do you realize it is actually easier to get a job at 16? An 18 year old with not even a part time job history looks lazy.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:36 AM on Mar. 25, 2011 (hidden) + expand

• I AM IN STERLING HEIGHTS MICHIGAN
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:37 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• Just keep looking. Put applications in everywhere. GL
    MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 9:37 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• fingers crossedI think with all of your qualities & determination, you will find something soon. You may have to expand your search to include restaurant work.  I know it's not for everyone, but it's not forever either.  You could do it long enough to find something else while you gain work experience. You sound like you have your act together, so best of luck!

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 9:42 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• Wow ananymous...kinda rude dont ya think? the pooint is that she is trying NOW. if you are in Sterling Heights have you tried applying to the banquet halls in the area (lie Pennas, De carlos etc)? one of my friends daughter she is now a freshman in college worked there this last summer and made some really good money. What about sittting for the summer? The Warren Community center? it looks like that could be a great place to check oout, what about clearking for a law office.... have another friend that is doing this right out of high sc hoo. what about making up some cards and doing odd jobs for seniors that might be hmoe bound... grocery shopping, target shopping getting perscriptions, lawn care etc. Do you have kids what are the ages? friend me if you want since we are so close!
    rebeccadac

Answer by rebeccadac at 9:55 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• i live across the country in CA so i cant be of help with your job search , but i applaud you greatly for wanting to support yourself ......good luck
    cara124

Answer by cara124 at 10:17 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• REBECCADAC thank you so much for those options.. but how do I get access to those senior home bound jobs? I would really like to work at a banquet hall like penas but the problem is I'm not allowed to be out too late at night...
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:25 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• Have you tried looking on Craigslist?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:55 AM on Mar. 25, 2011