I am going to the dentist.....

I got dentures 3 months ago and all i have had is problems, I usually do not ask people to say a prayer for me but can you? I just want them to fit right and not to look so funny anymore. Is that too much to ask? I am tired of crying over this, nobody else has had the troubles i have. I can't believe how depressed i have gotten over this. I am not a vain person at all either. but i just want to look somewhat normal. I look at pictures and cry.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:40 AM on Mar. 25, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• I'm sorry momma, I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers, hope they can get things fixed for you..
    momto4girzls

Answer by momto4girzls at 9:44 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• Ah thats sad! Hopefully they can make them so your not so self concious, Iv'e heard from family members of mine that got them, it was a huge adjustment and yes they did look a little different but we all got used to it and dont remember how they looked before cause thats what were used to now. keep your chin up sweetie, it's all gonna work out and I will say a prayer for you.
    anichols1

Answer by anichols1 at 9:49 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• I would look for a new dentist that shows more of an interest in making sure the Dentures fit properly. When I had to get fillings for the first time my dentist called me afterwards to make sure they were filled properly and hadn't affected the range of motion in my jaw. Turns out they needed to be filed down a bit becasue I could not move my jaw side to side. He told me to come in as soon as I could and he took care of it.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 10:33 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• Hun, those things take some time to get used to, be patient and don't give up until you are fully satisfied, prayers your way....

Answer by older at 9:47 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• It can take up to 18 months for your gum's to shrink and your dentures to be re-fitted properly. I know some people who used files to sand down the area's that caused them pain when wearing their dentures. Stick with it Momma. Things will get better, or find a better dentist who knows how to take a proper mold of your mouth.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 9:52 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• prayers and positive energy to you :)
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 9:52 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• i'm assuming you have made several complaints to your dentist?? what adjustments have been made? i might even suggest seeing another, to get second opinion.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 10:55 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• I had to threaten to report my dentist to the BBB before he finally reshaped my dentures so that I didn't look like a horse. 12 adjustments later I have $7,000 dentures that I can wear. I just can't actually EAT with them. Good luck.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 1:35 PM on Mar. 25, 2011