This may sound stupid

During this pregnancy I have gained a little more than the suggested amount but during the last couple/few weeks I haven't gained any weight. I am delivering on Tuesday of next week and was wondering if it was okay that I haven't gained any in the last couple weeks. I am hoping my baby is still gaining even if I'm not.

SouthALMommy

Asked by SouthALMommy at 9:45 AM on Mar. 25, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Many women stop gaining, or even lose a pound or two in the last two weeks. You're fine.

Answer by missanc at 9:48 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• It's pretty common for preggo women to even loose a few pounds right before the baby is born. Dont worry about it. If the Dr says your fine then take the Dr's word.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 9:49 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• Actually the smaller the baby the easier the delivery, so you don't want the baby to gain any more. You will be ok mom, good luck!!!

Answer by older at 9:50 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• It's a good theory. You should be seeing your Dr. weekly at this point, right? Is s/he concerned? If not, I wouldn't worry about it.
    Nicoles2LilRams

Answer by Nicoles2LilRams at 9:51 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• completely normal. i haven't gained in about a month. i'm 37 weeks will be 38 monday.
    oldfashionSAHM

Answer by oldfashionSAHM at 9:57 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• Normal. I didn't start gaining until 6 months and I actually lost weight before that. If the Dr is concerned they will let you know. just relax and enjoy your quiet time before the LO arrives. Don't forget to get lots of sleep :D
    Liamsmom09

Answer by Liamsmom09 at 9:59 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• I think it's normal.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 10:33 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• you will be fine its normal to not gain weight, or lose weight. so don't worry your baby will be fine.
    mammawolf604

Answer by mammawolf604 at 10:52 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• You're fine. As long as the baby is still doing fine.
    amanda1503

Answer by amanda1503 at 11:23 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• With all 4 of mine I stopped gaining in the last stretch of pregnancy. It's normal :)
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 11:28 AM on Mar. 25, 2011