Who is more likely to cheat on there husband?

Do you think that there is any coralation between the number of partners a woman has had in the past, reflects on the possibility that she will cheat on her mate in the future. If a woman has had say 15 or more partners before she got married, is that woman more likely to have an affair than a woman who has less than 5 partners before she got married. What do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:26 PM on Nov. 26, 2008 in Just for Fun

• I don't think number of partners is as relevant as a previous history of cheating. I think history repeats itself. A woman that has had 15 relationships in which she was honest and treated her partner with respect is more likely to stay faithful than a woman that had only three relationships but six partners because she cheated in each one.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 1:29 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• Hmm... That's a hard one. I would say it could go either way. There could be a strong argument that if a women has had several partners in her past she is more likely to cheat... maybe if she's cheating in the past and also in having that many partners you can tell that she was not secure... I don't mean to be rude but I think many variables go in to this question. In my mind, no matter what your past is, there is never a reason to cheat. Leave him before you cheat
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 1:30 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• No. I don't think it matters. You could have a lot of partners and finally find the right one, or you could only have one that be it forever...... OR...... you could be a slut and sleep around before and after you are married, or lose your virginity to your DH and wonder what else is out there.
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 1:48 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• hmmm....I think of it as...if a woman has more than 5 sexual partners...THAT WERE NOT HER SO....then I would be CAUTIOUS!! Not saying that woman will cheat, but I would feel like there is a bigger possibility...I dont know....lol.....drowninginboys made good sense tho!
    Anonymous

• I think a woman who is not content and finds her self worth in how many men want her is likely to cheat. Being self centered  is a factor. I do think those who sleep around with many men are more likely to cheat than a woman who valued herself enough to wait till marriage.  A woman who values herself and views sex as a part of marriage is not likely to stray.  She knows that having random sex with strangers is not fullfilling and very damaging.  Others with a much lower moral compass may not. 

Anonymous

• I don't think that how many partners someone has BEFORE they even get together with their spouse makes much of a difference in whether they cheat or not. Especially if they have never cheated on a partner before. I think how seriously someone takes their wedding vows is a hell of a lot better indicator of whether they will be faithful than how many partners they have had in their past.
    bkbecca

Answer by bkbecca at 4:55 PM on Nov. 26, 2008