UGH! Why can't he just do as he asks?

My DH is one of those guys who likes to come home too a clean house. He will help out with cleaning but he does a few things that drive me nuts. if the laundry basket doesn't get put back in the bathroom right away he complains about there never being a basket in the bathroom and then puts his clothes on the floor. But when the basket is in there his clothes STILL go in the floor! Then there is the stuff everywhere thing. We have an island and when he comes home he empties his pocket opens the mail and then leaves the opened mail acrossed the whole thing. Also he takes his boots and jacket and work shirt off and those go on the floor and table. Then later he will ask if I will "help" him clean up tomorrow. No I will be doing that myself! He also complains about things our son can choak or hurt himself on being everywhere. But he never puts his razer back in the morning, he leaves his glass of coffee next to the couch in the mornign as well and there a million other things he just leaves everywhere. Sometimes he just calls durring the day to ask how the cleaning is going? i grew up in a house that wasn't very clean but I have not given him a reason why he would think I would not clean up. I don't mind the cleaning but is it to hard for him to help KEEp it clean? ihave asked him this and he says he will do better but this morning the razer was out with hair in the sink. His coffee was out plus all the trash and mess he made making his breakfast. his papers and trash fro his pocket was still there from last night because I refused to pick it up. UGHHHHH

Liamsmom09

Asked by Liamsmom09 at 10:13 AM on Mar. 25, 2011 in Relationships

• As I was reading your post for some stupid reason it was narrated in my mind with the part your husband being played by Peter Griffin from Family Guy - made me laugh. No ideas for ya there girl - If my SO's clothes are not in the hamper they don't get washed. He has learned this finally after having no clothes one day and seeing them all on the floor.
    8Tinkerboo8

Answer by 8Tinkerboo8 at 10:20 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• sweetie there is no answer for that expect maybe go around and show him nicely that the crap around the house is his
    cara124

Answer by cara124 at 10:20 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• that sounds like a man. they always have something to say, but they never clean up after themselves. maybe you should just leave his messes and hope that he realizes he doesn't do anything to help clean. but it will probably be a hard thing to do.
    febmom007

Answer by febmom007 at 10:20 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• Welcome to marriage. I used to have that problem.

if it were me, the clothes would still be on the bathroom floor. i'd only grab the basket, what's on the floor (all his i'm assuming) will stay. when he says something, i'd say "well, you're always complaining there isn't a basket, there was a basket, and you still put them on the floor. i only clean what's in the basket, so start putting them IN the basket. not NEXT to it." even if it's a few days they're on there.

how old is your child? old enough to reach the razor? if so, when he gets home, tell him the kid almost got to his razor, thank God you got to him/her just in time. "Next time, PUT IT AWAY" if he doesn't listen, take them away. when he can't find them the next morning, tell him he should learn how to put the razor away every time, because you are NOT going to put your child in danger again.

sounds like being a mom, but if it gets the message across...
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 10:23 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• I like the ideas you ladies are giving me. LOL about Peter Griffin. He's a good guy just a guy and clueless.

I think I will put his razors away right now. He would love not having clean work clothes LOL.
    Liamsmom09

Comment by Liamsmom09 (original poster) at 10:26 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• my hubby does the same thing i have asked him and asked him to stop leaving trash and his clothes in the floor i hate it so bad...its bad enough i have two kids to pick up after soooooooooooo i told him i sick of it and from now on i wasnt going to pick up his clothes or all his crap out of his pockets that from now on i was going to throw it a away soooooooooooo now i dont care what it is if he leaves it laying around i throw it away if his clothes r in the floor i throw it away lol hes like where is that blue shirt i wore the other day i say i dont know havent seen and after time he runs out of clothes but its not my promble at least i dont have to pick it up anymore im not going to clean 24/7 after a grown man and now he knows i will throw it away so he doesnt leave to much laying around
    mama2305

Answer by mama2305 at 9:49 PM on Apr. 5, 2011