Would you circumcise if your SO was against it, but you wanted to do it?

Like go behind his back and do it?

**NO, I did not do this, and I do not know anyone who has. I'm watching Desperate Housewives.**

Mrs.BAT

Asked by Mrs.BAT at 10:14 AM on Mar. 25, 2011 in General Parenting

• Body modification done for asthetic reasons should be done when the person is old enough to consent.
    Piskie

Answer by Piskie at 10:17 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• No and that episode disgusted me. I actually wanted it done before our first son was born and tried to find information proving to my husband why it would be best - all I managed to do was to prove him right.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 10:19 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• No, I wouldn't do it behind his back or otherwise...

Answer by older at 10:15 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• no, I wouldn't.
    MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 10:23 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• No I wouldn't. That's a decision we made together.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 10:26 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• me and my dh talk things out.. we have never had a boy. so the question has never actually be put to us about it. but i'm against it and so far he is not talking about it. but he does now my feelings. unless he usually feels something is really needed then he will disagree with me. but most the time he lets me research and do what i feel is right.

never ever would i do anything that he disagreed with. because i would really be pissed if he did something i disagreed with.
    oldfashionSAHM

Answer by oldfashionSAHM at 10:26 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• I was in this situation 10mths ago, my SO is Latino and does not agree with it, I was raised that it is something that should be done, we discussed it, and got medical facts and in the end he bended, even though still against it to this day and we got it done. It's hard because it is such a big deal and painful.
    JenzAmomOf2

Answer by JenzAmomOf2 at 10:16 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• No. We originally didn't plan to, but ended needing to have it done later for a different issues. But when I was pregnant, I asked DH about his preferences and we researched it together to make the decision.
    SelaCarsen

Answer by SelaCarsen at 10:29 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• No, we would sit down together and each present our case. Then we would make the decision together.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:47 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• no I would sit down with him and see if you could come to an agreement as what to do
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 10:54 AM on Mar. 25, 2011