PARVO???? where did the question go?

someone was asking about Parvo and I tried to answer but then the question was gone if you still need some input let me know

buttonlts

Asked by buttonlts at 10:25 AM on Mar. 25, 2011 in Pets

• Thank you buttonlts.. I'm so sorry you had to go through this. I guess I'm a bit sensitive because we just lost our 14 yr old Shepherd on March 2nd, not to parvo,but a stroke, and heart attack, and I was with her when it all happened. My heart is broken and I just hate to think somethings going to happen to their baby, and I can't say anything, or do anything... I have cried with her, my friend with the puppy, about our dog, and now this.. I will make suggestions to her, and be as easy about it as I can, without being a bother. I just want to be a good friend, and learn as much as I can about others experiences..Thank you again.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:00 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• She deleted it because people were telling her they would feel the same way about not wanting the puppy to visit her home. She was getting angry at people for letting her know she wasn't overreacting. She she asked if anyone had any experience with it. But, I pointed out to her that she had asked what people thought about it and if we thought she was overreacting. And, people were simply responding in kind. She may ask the question again, more specifically about the Parvo, instead of people's opinions on it.
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 10:28 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• Yeah, I was very disappointed that Anon deleted that question. My guess is that she wasn't actually all that interested in understanding the virus, and got embarrassed when other women called her out on it.

Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 10:28 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• Ok I was gonna try ...........maybe she will come back I have dealt with the disease lots unfortunately, all of my puppies had their shots but got it anyways.
    buttonlts

Comment by buttonlts (original poster) at 10:34 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• No that's NOT the case. I have read about it, learned about it. I was just looking for those who have ACTUALLY experienced it, and of course being cafemom everyone has to give their .02... So I deleted it because it was turning into something that I didn't intend it to. I just wanted personal experiences, so YES I should have worded it better... I guess I let my emotions get in the way. I care deeply for this family, and just wanted to hear from others who have gone through it. Again, I should have worded it better.....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:37 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• And, we were just trying to help you by letting you know we understood how you felt & would feel the same way. You did ask for our thoughts & if we felt you were overreacting. Several of us came to your defense only to be rudely told we didn't give you the information you asked for.
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 10:43 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• I have been there I had 2 dogs with Parvo ones who had there shots, they spent about 2 weeks at the vet with fluid IV's. What actually kills the animal is not the disease but the fact they get dehydrated and that is what kills them. While my dogs were at the vet being treated, I sprayed my yard at least 4 times with bleach including the fence and everything including lawn furniture and the outside of the house. It needs to dry before re-spraying. At the time I had another dog who had been around them when they were sick she had all her shots and never got the disease. my two that got infected were Rottweilers and they are pron to the disease shots or not their mother had it. I was told they would never get the disease again once they had it, I do not know if that is true or not. Once home they both were still not the same, and still had the goop in the eyes for about two weeks after, the disease takes a lot out of them
    buttonlts

Comment by buttonlts (original poster) at 10:46 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• takes a while for them to re cooperate. I would take the puppy back just to make sure. As for their other dogs usually the disease is fast moving and it is an air borne disease if they have not contracted it yet I think they are safe cause the symptoms are quick. I would mention the bleach to them just in case.............GL and I understand your concern, it's an awful disease to watch your dogs go through
    buttonlts

Comment by buttonlts (original poster) at 10:49 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• Welcome just wish she would just take puppy to vet but remember the lethargic will last a week or two it really takes a lot out of them
    buttonlts

Comment by buttonlts (original poster) at 1:02 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• Dont wait too long to take the puppy to the vet. I had a lab that had it and wouldnt eat or drink. When we finally took her to the vet they told us if we had waited even an hour later it would've been too late. We opted to pay 400 dollars to get our dog better and he was fine after a week. And it takes a lot out of the dog.
    terep001

Answer by terep001 at 1:13 PM on Mar. 25, 2011