A postal service question?

I mailed out in my rural mail box. The smallest if it fits it ships box. I enclosed a check for $4.95. However now 2days later. I get a postage due 25 cents due. Saying the postage increased. I didn't see that on the post office's commercials. So I'm curious if you know. Was my box sent out? Or waiting for my 25 cents postage due? I'm curious. I sure hoped it would have gone out! Does anyone know their procedures/policies? I'd love to know if you know! Thank you for reading! Thank you for replying! Take care!

Angellinda

Asked by Angellinda at 10:30 AM on Mar. 25, 2011 in Just for Fun

• Well if u don't pay the postage due they r going to send it back to u.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 10:31 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• I use flat rate shipping boxes and envelopes all the time. I believe the envelopes are $4.95 and the smallest box is $5.20. Not sure about if they mailed your box or are waiting for the 25 cents..
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 10:33 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• you have to pay before they deliver.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 10:49 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• USPS employee here. The rates have not increased, so I'd call and ask what that's about. And unless you have a huge post office, or bitchy employees, they'll send it but keep on record that you supposedly owe. But I would definitely call and dispute that 25 cents because rates haven't changed! (If anything, maybe they put something extra on it? Like delivery confirmation is 80 cents, but I don't know what extra would be 25 cents!). Call!
    Anonymous

• I think when delivered they will ask the receiver to pay postage due. IDK for sure.

rosetoes

Answer by rosetoes at 5:00 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• Pay the 25 cents! They probably got your box in some dark back room with a tape strapper to it's head!
    mommerbean

Answer by mommerbean at 5:46 PM on Mar. 25, 2011