When did you have your baby shower?

How far along were you when you had your baby shower, did you have one with your 2nd child, and did you ever throw one yourself and if so how'd it go?

NCmommie421

Asked by NCmommie421 at 10:36 AM on Mar. 25, 2011 in Pregnancy

• i was 36 weeks
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 10:36 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• i've never had one. my aunt was planning one for me at 37 weeks. she never got it planned and i had the baby before she could. and never even tried with the rest.
    oldfashionSAHM

Answer by oldfashionSAHM at 10:43 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• I was 36 weeks when i had my shower it was a surprise 20th b-day/baby shower. I never had one with the other as they are all less than 2 yrs apart.
    CrazyMommy87

Answer by CrazyMommy87 at 10:53 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• my son just turned 2, my daughter is due in July & i need one bc i actually need things-big ticket things-like a bassinet, double stroller(want one off craigslist nothing expensive), etc etc, but my mom isnt a planner at all & my aunt who threw my shower for my son cant do it now bc shes too busy w/ a sick husband soooo idk what to do bc i dont want to throw it myself bc its too stressful AND costs money to get supplies =/
    NCmommie421

Comment by NCmommie421 (original poster) at 10:57 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• I had a baby shower thrown for my with my first son after he was born. I didnt have one with my 2nd son, then with my 3rd and 4th son i was given a baby "sprinkle" with both babies by ppl in my connection group from my church. I was close to 32 weeks both times when i was thrown my last 2 showers. Everybody pitched in for the snacks and drinks.
    team21

Answer by team21 at 11:46 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• im in the same boat! except hubby and i are trying to get a house get me a car trying to buy everything for this baby and plus we have a one year old. and no one except my mom (who lives in a different state) is willing to help us. i craigslist like a crazy person but cannot find anything in our price range =/
    teenmommytobe16

Answer by teenmommytobe16 at 12:39 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• i found a few double strollers on cl for like $40-50 havent searched bassinets yet. i will be breastfeeding & cloth diapering so i dont have to worry about that but need the big things lol, i did buy a carseat myself though so i have the very 'essentials'
    NCmommie421

Comment by NCmommie421 (original poster) at 1:07 PM on Mar. 25, 2011