Not sure if i should have a baby shower.

Okay so my aunt asked me the other day about throwing me a shower. Now i would really like to have because with all my other pregnancies i never did. But as i was thinking about it i dont know anyone. I mean i would only be able to give her like 5 names for the invites. So would it be pointless to have one? Im not sure what i should tell her.

michelle.coppes

Asked by michelle.coppes at 10:44 AM on Mar. 25, 2011 in Pregnancy

• it is never pointless to have a babyshower i have only had one and it was all my family members and my moms friends. this time around i am just bringing my friends and that is ten people and allow them to bring one person with them. its just a time to be with friends and family to celebrite you being pregnant. also its fun and you should be doing games. so i say do it and invite your friends and family. you will love it.
    mammawolf604

Answer by mammawolf604 at 10:50 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• I don't think it would be pointless. I have been to showers that are small. It is mostly about celebrating the new arrival and seeing your pregnant buddy/family member. Any gifts you get would help you out. I wouldn't be embarrassed that it was small, if that is your concern.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 10:54 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• you could have a small get together with the friends you do know at someones house. Have little finger sandwiches and hang out :) everyone deserves a baby shower...if someones wanting and willing to do it, you should let them :)
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 10:55 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• Sometimes I think a shower is more for the grandparents. LOL. The last few showers I've been to were almost ALL the grandma's friends. Go ahead and have one! One of my favorite shower activities is hearing all the other moms there give their one most important piece of advice. You actually learn a lot from old aunties :)
    AmandaMonique

Answer by AmandaMonique at 11:00 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• my first shower was small and this one will honestly probably be even smaller. its not pointless if you want one have one =)
    teenmommytobe16

Answer by teenmommytobe16 at 12:35 PM on Mar. 25, 2011