Did you have a baby shower for all of your babies???

I was curious because I had a shower with my first and I wasnt sure if people did it for the others as well???

kylansmommy09

Asked by kylansmommy09 at 10:49 AM on Mar. 25, 2011 in General Parenting

• Nope, only the first. I'm old school enough that I think its tacky - but I know more and more its becoming the norm.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 10:52 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• Traditionally our family only does a shower for the first baby, and then if you're going to have more, then you keep what you have.... Sadly that didn't really work out to well for us. There's 6 yrs between the 1st and 2nd, so it was like starting over.. We just bought everything we need, and didn't have a shower. I felt funny about having a shower because of the circumstances...
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 10:52 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• I've never had a single baby shower and I have 5 kids. No one thought to throw me one. Other than a couple things (pack n play, swing and some clothes) that people got us with our first almost 11 years ago we have bought everything for our kids.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 10:52 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• never had a baby shower for either of my children
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 10:53 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• i had a surprise b-day party/baby shower combo at 36 weeks with my first i'm on my forth & never have one for my other children even though they were a different sex than my 1st
    CrazyMommy87

Answer by CrazyMommy87 at 10:57 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• there is 10 years between my kids so i have a new group of friends since i moved across the country during that time. i had a friend offer to throw me one with my second but i declined for a bunch of reasons. I think its tacky if you have your kids close in age and hang around the same group of ppl. I don't think its a big deal if you have a new group of ppl or a huge age gap between kids
    Mel_in_PHX

Answer by Mel_in_PHX at 11:00 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• No, My mom said we should not cellebrate the birth or encourage children out of wedlock well she used another word more colourful word.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 11:27 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• Only had one for my middle child.
    reaandiziesmama

Answer by reaandiziesmama at 11:29 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• only for my first but every one who came to meet the other 2 came bearing gifts! ewe were very blessed
    rebeccadac

Answer by rebeccadac at 12:53 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• i ended up having 2 babyshowers for my first my best friend through me one at the park and invited all my friends and my aunt suprised me blind folded me and had all my family there i had NO IDEA! it was awesome!
    kylansmommy09

Comment by kylansmommy09 (original poster) at 11:00 AM on Mar. 25, 2011