Why??

Are there still people out there who believe that sexual orientation is a learned behavior????

http://www.buzzle.com/editorials/5-11-2006-95878.asp

Asked by older at 11:03 AM on Mar. 25, 2011 in Religious Debate

Level 69 (2,285,492 Credits)
  • Because ignorance is bliss.
    H.I.S.

Answer by H.I.S. at 1:14 AM on Mar. 26, 2011

• vbruno - you do realize that people were homosexuals before the invention of television, right? Hell, homosexuality has been around longer than we've had electricity harnessed.
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 12:05 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• People are idiots plain and simple.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 11:10 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• Although I do not believe it is a choice- some argue that the acting on it is a choice- (whatever!) to me I say- even IF all that is true (which I don't think so) it STILL does not matter because we were given free will for a reason- you should not harm others through your use of free will and I have yet to understand how two consenting adults having sex(not matter what genders are represented) harms another- JMO

(I know I would not want to be restricted from having sex with my husband because "it grosses someone out")
    soyousay

Answer by soyousay at 12:12 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• Because people are idiots ... down-vote me if you want, but it's the truth.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 12:13 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• I agree with the previous posters - orientation is not a choice, its not a matter of "learning" to be gay. You are or you aren't. The media, etc, has no effect over how many people are gay - perhaps over how many have the confidence to come out and stand up for themselves, but its not "turning" people gay. And even then, I can't say that more people coming out is a bad thing - its ridiculous that people expect others to live in fear or to hide who they really are just so those who don't approve can be comfortable. People deserve to live their lives, to follow their hearts and convictions, and as long as what they're doing isn't harming anyone (in terms of *actually* harming other people, which homosexuality does *not*) people should be free to live their lives as they please.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 12:38 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• Sexual orientation has nothing to do with being a learned behavior and everything to do with chemical and brain development. This is why Lesbian brains more closely reflect those of their heterosexual male counterparts and homosexual brains reflect those of their heterosexual female counterparts. It is the way their brains are "hard-wired". Think of the "type" of men you heterosexual women are attracted to, are they tall and lanky, short and muscular, etc. You have no control over this anymore than a gay person has over who they are attracted to.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 11:26 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• Vbruno... homosexuality occurs in nature with the same (and sometimes higher) frequency that it does in homosapiens. Can you explain that one to me as well?
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 12:14 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• Stupidity.
    SuperChicken

Answer by SuperChicken at 11:50 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• I certainly don't believe it's a choice.
    adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 11:57 AM on Mar. 25, 2011