How do i potty train a VERY active 2 year old??? I tried the toys to occupy him, played with him. he keeps taking off his diaper so i know he is ready...help?

beth39

Asked by beth39 at 1:32 PM on Nov. 26, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• hey there...i have a very active 19 month old who is trying really hard to use the potty...she goes sometimes...the hard thing for her is sitting there for more than 2 seconds! so now we sing a song as soon as she sits down....not only does it keep her distracted for a good minute or so, but it also helps her relax which eases her into peeing.
    Raesabell

Answer by Raesabell at 5:16 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• Just because he is taking his diaper off does not mean he is ready to potty train necessarily. My son was taking his diaper off before he was one. Just ask him if he wants to sit on the potty whenever you go in to the bathroom. just ask him through out the day if he wants to, but don't force him to if he is not ready. My 28 month old will ask to sit on the potty but has only ever gone in it like 4 times in a several weeks, but he asks to sit on it a lot. I am not pushing it, more letting him set the pace. Sure having him potty trained would be do much cheaper but I feel if he isn't ready than he isn't going to be ready any faster if I push it.

EtiesMommy

Answer by EtiesMommy at 6:13 PM on Nov. 26, 2008