Child support 2

do they just want my income or mine and my husbands?

jenn4443

Asked by jenn4443 at 11:09 AM on Mar. 25, 2011 in General Parenting

• Just YOURS I think. Your husbands IS NOT a valid consideration if they did NOT specifically ask for ALL your household income. Your hubby is NOT the Bio father. Give them just Yours.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 11:16 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• I would call and ask. Sometimes they want both since it's the same household.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 11:10 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• You should consult with an attorney on this. I would think it would vary by state.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 11:10 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• Just yours.
    Candi1024

Answer by Candi1024 at 11:20 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• In my case, they wanted my husband's since I am a SAHM. It ended up not even being considered because my ex is currently trying to get disability so he's under the limit of income guidelines that they outline CS for, but if he were over his attorney was going to argue what I COULD be making if I weren't a SAHM. These things can get sticky. You need to call and ask if they want just your income or the household income.

Answer by missanc at 11:22 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• It depends on which State you live in! Every State has different laws regarding a determination of Support! You can probably find it on line or ask if anyone knows about your State specifically!
    RhondaJ

Answer by RhondaJ at 11:24 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• Varies by state - some look at household income, some look at just the bio.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 12:10 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• In order to get child support in Arizona they wanted both mine and my ex husbands income so they could decide how much he would have to pay. It probably varies in every state though. You should be able to call the child support enforcement office and ask and they will be able to give you all the information that you need and tell you what they need. Good Luck!
    logansmommy711

Answer by logansmommy711 at 12:25 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• your current husbanb is not responsible for your childrens support
    Donna1941

Answer by Donna1941 at 12:59 PM on Mar. 25, 2011