My 5yr old step daughter hits me do they ever stop this what can i do about it

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:09 AM on Mar. 25, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• She is ready/old enough for a time out spot for hitting anyone, especially Momma. If you put her there every time, it should stop soon. Good luck.
    ochsamom

Answer by ochsamom at 11:11 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• Yeah I have to agree a timeout sounds good. Or start taking away some of her favorite toys and as she behaves she can earn them back.
    amj616

Answer by amj616 at 11:15 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• They should never start that....it doesn't matter if you are a stepmother or not.... You could always go get one of those little plastic chairs (I like wooden better) draw a frowny face on it and tell her, this is your time out chair, every time you hit me...you will sit in this chair...and like ochsamom said...stick to it and it should work. Good Luck.
    kitchenwitch78

Answer by kitchenwitch78 at 11:15 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• Well, my daughter did that when she was 18 months. She is 23 months now and hasn't done it in a long time. Soooooooo.....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:21 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• It was a one-time thing for mine. The first time they hit me the punishment was immediate and swift and there was no misunderstanding about it. None of them (4 in all) ever hit me again. I did not allow this to start. Good Luck
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 12:09 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• Dad should deal with it, and ochsamom
    JLS2388

Answer by JLS2388 at 2:26 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• She shouldn't be hitting you and the only way to get it to stop is to let her know it isn't ok, the child needs to be disciplined. What does her dad think of this?
    tazdvl

Answer by tazdvl at 6:44 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• A timeout is one ofmthe best things and try to explain that hitting is not something you do to anyone
    Nitestalker

Answer by Nitestalker at 9:02 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• When mind did that, I'd restrain both her hands in one of mine and we'd have a little chat about how it's not OK to hit mommy. It took a few times, but it worked.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 12:52 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• Time out and a talk with daddy
    mommythree0508

Answer by mommythree0508 at 3:51 PM on Mar. 28, 2011