What age is too old?

for a child to want their parent to go to sleep with them?  my children both sleep in their own beds but I know some parents allow their children to sleep with them.  Was just wondering at what age you would put a stop to it.

Christmaslver68

Asked by Christmaslver68 at 11:23 AM on Mar. 25, 2011 in General Parenting

• my kids have went to bed by themselves since they were born (newborn they were in a bassinet next to us but still by themselves) the only time they were and are allowed to sleep with us is if they're really sick. with a nightmare, i go in their room and cuddle with them, reassure them, put them back to bed. even when DH was deployed, i felt tempted to let them sleep with me, but i knew it wouldn't be good for the future, so i didn't.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 11:34 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• Any age!! It's a BAD habit to get into, very hard to break.

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 11:24 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• LOL my 13 year old still tries to sleep in my bed when hubby is at work on midnights....I don't let him, I think I stopped letting them sleep with us by the time they were 5. My son and daughter (6 and 5) still tries...but unless they've had a nightmare or are sick we don't let them....I learned my lesson when my eldest was little.
    kitchenwitch78

Answer by kitchenwitch78 at 11:26 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• To each their own. But this is just something that I never allowed to happen in the first place. I figure it's hard enough having to ween them from the bottle and then from the cuppy, and potty training is a total blast!! lol. This is just another thing that I'd have to break them of, and I just didn't wanna deal w/ it!! Besides, I've heard too many horror stories of parents who did this, and are still sharing a bed years later. No thanks!! Especially since my kids are all like ninja's when they sleep!!! They are all over the place!! I don't wanna risk a concussion or a broken nose!! lol.
    HappyEndings

Answer by HappyEndings at 11:32 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• i say 5 but that's just me....
    JazzyJes

Answer by JazzyJes at 11:24 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• I remeber being 14 and crawling on the floor of my mom's bedroom to sleep close to her because of one thing or another.
    Liamsmom09

Answer by Liamsmom09 at 11:25 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• do you mean ALL the time or if they have a bad drream?
    JazzyJes

Answer by JazzyJes at 11:25 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• *remember
    Liamsmom09

• I agree with you armywife43 and that is the way I have done with my children since they were born and they sleep in their own beds all the time.
    Christmaslver68

Comment by Christmaslver68 (original poster) at 11:36 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• Mine go to sleep in their own beds but usually end up in mine sometime before sun up. It's just me so I really don't mind plus I figure someday they won't even want to be in the same house as me so I better enjoy it while I can.
    reaandiziesmama

Answer by reaandiziesmama at 12:17 PM on Mar. 25, 2011