Would you risk your life

Would you risk your life to save a complete stranger that is in a deadly situation

BoundHearts

Asked by BoundHearts at 11:25 AM on Mar. 25, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I would, but Im CRAZY like that. I just cant stand by and watch and do nothing.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 11:26 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• No. I would help of course but I'm not risking my life and leaving my children as orphans.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 11:27 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• I want to say No....but I know I would...
    kitchenwitch78

Answer by kitchenwitch78 at 11:28 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• If there was a reasonable chance we could both survive...yes.
    ochsamom

Answer by ochsamom at 11:29 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• I wouldn't know unless I'm in that situation. I like think I would but then again if someone is waving a gun around and I'm in a safe place I'm not going to throw myself in front of them. I would call the police and I think that would be a start.
    Bugzmomma

Answer by Bugzmomma at 11:30 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• Family first? My family is my first and biggest priority. I don't think I would risk my life to save someone elses, especially a total stranger. But really until you are in the position you don't know which instincts would kick in.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 11:41 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• Not sure what I would do unless I was actually in the situation. I do know I'm not the kind to stand back and let something happen, I jump and run to help, so there's a good chance I would, just can't say for sure.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 11:42 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• I guess it would depend on the situation-- and the age of the stranger. If it was a child I would be more likely to jump in and try to save them than if it were an adult.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 11:43 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• I would for a child, but I have 3 children of my own that need me. So while I would help anyone in almost any situation, it's hard for me to say yes 100% because then my children wouldn't have a mother.
    Jeannie721

Answer by Jeannie721 at 11:44 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• Yup...been there done that. My husband is an EMT/Firefighter and there are numerous times that when volunteering for the Fire Department we have both put our lives on the line for people who we barley know. I also work in an Emergency Room and there are times when patients become violent and have had patients threaten to injure me or my co-workers. You would be amazed if you really think about it that many people risk their lives for others on a daily basis...and many of them are volunteers or seriously underpaid. (I am lucky as Nurse I am pretty well paid...other professions that put themselves on the line are not so lucky...)
    We don't have children yet...have been trying for 2 years with no luck and I am not sure if that will changes things or not...
    michcous

Answer by michcous at 12:10 PM on Mar. 25, 2011