• In the Spotlight:

Why are some people so judgemental?

why do people judge you before they know you or your situation?

Christmaslver68

Asked by Christmaslver68 at 11:27 AM on Mar. 25, 2011 in Relationships

• I agree, human nature. Although many say they never judge, I would venture that many of them actually do depending on their mood, the circumstance and the people involved. I personally have never had a friend or a family member, except my grandmother, that hasn't judge someone at some point in their life.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 11:32 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• Honestly, because it's easy. It's easy to see or listen to a situation that you aren't involved in and judge. I try not to do that, and I've tried to learn how to look at everything from that persons point of view...it's hard. You always have someone who thinks they know it all, or thinks that just because it is the right decision for them it should be for everybody..... I want to point out that judging someone and giving someone advice is two different things....:)
    kitchenwitch78

Answer by kitchenwitch78 at 11:34 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• It's human nature. I would start growing a tougher skin and learn to deal with people's judgemental ways.
    Bugzmomma

Answer by Bugzmomma at 11:28 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• Was that judgemental?
    Bugzmomma

• I guess because to some people appearances mean everything, if you look this way, you must be like this. From my experience though, that is hardly ever true, but some would rather assume things than take the effort to get to know someone before passing judgment (cause we all do judge people, whether it's good or bad).
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 11:31 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• Honestly, it's just human nature.... It depends on whats going on in their own life at times.
    terep001

Answer by terep001 at 11:55 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• It's how others make themselves feel better. Oh that person is such and such and I am not so I am better than them. I agree with the it's human nature...unfortunate but true.

michcous

Answer by michcous at 12:04 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• In my experience with people judging me it was based on their own complex problems, I have met a few people that were a couple fruit loops away from being the most ignorant people I ever met, don't let it bother you, people only judge because they have their own issues within themselves, I am happy with what I look like and I don't care what people think of me, I look at it like this if they are talking about me or what I look like they are giving some other person a break!!!
    momto4girzls

Answer by momto4girzls at 11:50 AM on Mar. 25, 2011