EDITED--Wedding Gift

They don't have a registry

What would be a good gift for a young couple just starting out? I don't have alot of money to spend but would like to do something for them.

Christmaslver68

Asked by Christmaslver68 at 11:38 AM on Mar. 25, 2011 in Shopping

• money
    kaylan010

Answer by kaylan010 at 11:40 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• Check their registry, of course. But I think it would be fun to buy several of the less expensive items on the registry, that way they have more to enjoy. Also, you could offer to take random pictures that a professional photographer doesn't think to snap and then have them developed and put in a pretty photo album. That way they have the professional album and the funny, casual shots photo album from you. That would be a very inexpensive way to give them a lifetime of memories. You could always do straight cash, but that's boring in my opinion. I love gift giving more. I'll keep thinking...
    Jeannie721

Answer by Jeannie721 at 11:41 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• No one turn's down cash. It's what young couples need the most when starting out. See if the bride is registered or has a list of their wants/needs. Go from there.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 11:42 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• Depends.... if you dont want to go the money/gift card route:
    1. Cookbooks, dish towels, recipe cards
    2. Picture frames
    3. A REALLY nice first aide kit (I know sounds weird)
    4. Something personalized with married name
    MrsDAP

Answer by MrsDAP at 11:55 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• I once gave a gift to someone that I liked very much but wasn't going to the wedding. I bought a small package of herb seeds, a $25 savings bond and put them in a little flower pot with a note that said " a gift that will grow with your love. A lifetime of best wishes. You can also do a bottle of wine, some pasta and whatever is in your budget to add to a basket on the theme to celebrate their first dinner at home together --someone did this for us and it was a lifesaver after the honeymoon and the wedding we had not gone grocery shopping and there was a whole meal ready to be prepared for us.
    hotelmom123

Answer by hotelmom123 at 1:03 PM on Mar. 25, 2011