So f-king pissed off today adult content

at my landlord! we have a big flea problem in our apartment. they were supposed to send a guy over on wednesday to spray. she called around 4:30pm to tell me he just showed up, but the apartment has to be vacant for 6 hours immediately after the spray, so we rescheduled for today. i called this morning at 9am to find out when he's supposed to come, and the landlord "didn't know". she said she wasn't there yesterday when the other lady made the appointment, and that lady's not there today. so i told her, well i have stuff to do so please just allow the maintenance man to let the flea guys in, and call me when they come so i know what my 6 hour timeframe is.

anyway i left around 10:30 and drove half an hour to my parents' house to hang out with my 3 kids for the day. i called 15 minutes ago (11:30) to see if they had come yet and she said no. so i told her well, we'll have to reschedule AGAIN won't we since i need to be home before 6 oclock to make dinner!

how fucking stupid are these people. if someone has to leave for 6 hours, isn't it common courtesy to show up by atleast 10am so they can come back to their apartment by 4pm? now my kids and i have to suffer through the weekend getting eaten alive by these blood sucking vermon. ive tried the OTC powder crap from walmart and it doesn't work. i'm moving out next weekend but the fleas are so bad my kids and i are covered in bites. this is so ridiculous!!!!!!! >=/

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 11:44 AM on Mar. 25, 2011 in Relationships

• People are just inconsiderate and don't care about anyone's time but there own. Your landlord needs to find someone who will be there when they say they will and she/he should do that NOW. Sorry you and your kiddos are having to live with this..hope it gets taken care of immediately. Good Luck
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 11:48 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• Holy wow that's a long time for a professional company to have someone vacate their home, you would have been better off going to walmart and buying the flea bombs. Most professionals will spray a nontoxic flea spray and you don't even have to leave your home....sounds like the landlady/owner may just be trying to put you off until you move out...Good Luck hun.... I wonder if the skin so soft off stuff would work to repel fleas from you and your children....
    kitchenwitch78

Answer by kitchenwitch78 at 11:49 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• I can see why you are so peeved.... It sounds like a communication prob between the two ladies... That just is not right at all..
    terep001

Answer by terep001 at 11:51 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• sorry mama that your going threw this i hope everything works out for you
    Ricanmami1

Answer by Ricanmami1 at 11:51 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• I had the same problem as you. The tenants before us had a dog and didnt properly get rid of the fleas. I have a solution that I promise will work. Get a box of borax in the laundry detergent isle. I would suggest getting the bigger box if they have different sizes. Sprinkle the borax right on the carpet like you would any other power. Keep it on there a week and then vacuum up after the week is over. Every stage of the flea will be dead. it cleared up my problem and I was so relieved.
    sweetpea1217

Answer by sweetpea1217 at 12:00 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• i would stay at a hotel and send the landlord the bill
    augboy11

Answer by augboy11 at 1:05 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• Sounds like my landlord. He screwed me around on the ant issue and I had to put toothpaste over the little hole to stop them from coming in my room. I hate bugs like you wouldn't believe. I told him the second time I called (after he came out and sprayed...even after I already had done that - instead of getting an exterminator like I requested) that I put the toothpaste there and he came when I was NOT home and left a note saying he sprayed again and there were "no ants present". Of course not, you douche!! I said I covered the hole temporarily with toothpaste. God, I can't wait to get a house!
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 1:34 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• I hate it when stuff like that happens to me too. My landlord is very absentminded and sometimes takes forever to do things.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 2:28 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• PEOPLE HAVE NO RESPECT OR APPRECIATION FOR OTHER PEOPLES TIME - I BELIEVE A GOOD PUNCH TO THE FACE WOULD REMEDY THIS IN MANY CASES. :)
    8Tinkerboo8

Answer by 8Tinkerboo8 at 11:46 AM on Mar. 25, 2011