If you won the Lottery?

What would you do with the money and would you take the lump sum or pay over time?

Christmaslver68

Asked by Christmaslver68 at 11:46 AM on Mar. 25, 2011 in Just for Fun

• Lump sum. I'd pay off our mortgage, set up college funds for my boys and move!
    dlee620

Answer by dlee620 at 1:27 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• Buy my MIL a house - far, far, far away.

Then I'd start buying fun stuff. And I'd like to surprise an orphange with a truckload of toys and stuff like that. That'd be fun!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:49 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• Id get it over time. If you take the lump sum your giving back so much $$. Id form an LTD with my kids so if something happened to me, they would STILL get the rest of the $$ over time. Id start trust funds with specific rules, and also scholarships for the poor people, as well as a homeless/underprivileged shelter and work training so those people could actually get a hand up in the world.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 11:50 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• Pay off our house and vehicle...give money to the family members that deserve it lol....trust funds for the kids....Open up my own restaurant and would have some "homeless" shelters built for families who lost everything for whatever reason until they got back on their feet.
    kitchenwitch78

Answer by kitchenwitch78 at 11:52 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• Pay over time.
    Chloesmom1126

Answer by Chloesmom1126 at 11:49 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• omg i always think about this and daydream about it!!! i would probably quit my job go to school full time buy a house and make accounts for my childrens college tuition!!!
    kylansmommy09

Answer by kylansmommy09 at 11:50 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• Well if I won the lottery that would be a wonderful thing and I can stop worrying about what we will do when my hubs company closes sometime this year and all employees will loose their jobs. I would pay off the house and 2 vehicles and get the bills paid, put $ aside for the kids for college, and then sit down with the hubs and kids and see what we want to do with our lives-- do we want to stay here or do we want to relocate to some place else?
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 11:58 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• Lump sum. What I'd do depends on the amount. Multimillions? A.) Pay off all existing debt. B.) Buy better houses for our parents and my brother, give money to family and friends who have always been there for us, so that they can be comfortable and get whatever they need.
    C.) Buy a large tract of land...somewhere. Hopefully on a river or lake, with a nice lawn giving good distance between the house and the water. Build a large custom home, nothing too gaudy or ostentatious, but still nice. Also buy a good minivan as a family vehicle, a corvette for me, and a truck for my husband. Awesome playgym for the kids, anything they might want or need.
    D.) build and maintain a youth crisis center as a legal safe haven for kids in horrible situations who have nowhere else to turn. All inclusive home, school, and recreation center, with the goal of helping kids and teens develop good morals, ethics, and life skills.
    FluffyMamaBunny

Answer by FluffyMamaBunny at 12:03 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• lol anonymous too funny
    Christmaslver68

Comment by Christmaslver68 (original poster) at 11:49 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• I would get my company the boost it needs and help the people i know who cannot get jobs but mostly I would buy a house for myself and have my very own room and bathroom something I have not had in ten years.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 12:05 PM on Mar. 25, 2011