How do i get my 4 year old to poop in the potty

my daughter is 4 years old and still wont poop in rthe potty we bribe her we punish her im at my wits end. HELP!

reewolf

Asked by reewolf at 11:53 AM on Mar. 25, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• It is frustrating but dont punish....i think u should reward when she does....when my son was 2 i trained him on potty in the kitchen, and had him go bare and everytime he needed to go he got m&m's.......he got the hang of it very soon. Sometimes i made him sit and i read a story so he would relax and voila'! ( i put training potty in same room untill he went on his own as we had anupstairs and downstairs.)
    pinksnowball514

Answer by pinksnowball514 at 12:11 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• I never had a problem with my first son using the potty at all...he potty trained by the time he was 2 1/2, but my 4 1/2 yr old who was born with Down Syndrome still does not use the potty for anything. He will sit on it, but i think only goes by accident. I make a big deal out of it when he does go and he gets his favorite thing as a positive reinforcement...a popcicle.
    team21

Answer by team21 at 12:15 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• Sorry. I know it's sooo frustrating & other moms judge & compare. We took all the bottoms off our three year old & put a long shirt on him. He goes fine when like that but as soon as we put shorts or pull ups on he pees and poos in them. He WILL NOT wear underwear. He takes them off. Remember every child is different. Ignore those moms who try to make you feel bad. They are trying to boost their own egos.
    babiesandkids

Answer by babiesandkids at 11:11 PM on Mar. 25, 2011