HELP! My 17 y/o girl is sooooo itchy! adult content

I think it is the cold on her skin making it itchy.........

On Sunday she kept scratching and her skin on her knees looked like bug bites
I told her if she quit scratching it would go away and it did.

But she is itching! What is this ???????

On her legs and bottom area it looks like bites ... like Sunday. She quits scratching
and it goes away. But then gets so itchy. Should I make an appt for the DRS?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:54 AM on Mar. 25, 2011 in Kids' Health

• I have that problem too...I was told I had allergic dermatitis which makes me itch so bad in various areas, my arms, hands, neck, etc. Looks like a bunch of red bumps and some look puss filled (don't mean to gross anyone out, just trying to help). They put me on allergy pills and ointment. You can use an over the counter cortizone cream for the itch as well. I was told by my doctor not to use Aveeno, that it use to be a great product but since they have entered into the cosmetic world, they have skimped on their lotions and body washes...a great product to use is Cetaphil, they offer lotions, body wash, soap bars. I was told no one is allergic to this stuff and it is the best over the counter moisturizer there is...I've had wonderful results using it. Good Luck, hope she gets better, I know how miserable it can be!
    sdks2011

Answer by sdks2011 at 12:11 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• Does the skin around look really dry? You could try lotion because dry skin is itchy. If that doesn't help I would definetly call the Doctors office and ask if they have any suggestions or want to see her. Itching can be caused by alot of things and can be as simple as dry skin to as bad as an infection. Is she invovled in sports? It puts her at greater risk for some infections. Also hydrocortisone cream over the counter can also help with itching.
    Best of luck!
    michcous

Answer by michcous at 12:00 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• when in doubt always take them to doc. You could try a cortisone cream or the benedryl spray for her to see if that soothes. You should get a good lotion - like aveeno soothing to use every day and if you think she needs to go to doc - take her.
    8Tinkerboo8

Answer by 8Tinkerboo8 at 11:57 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• See doc asap...but right away get her Zyrtec. It helps without making sleepy
    ochsamom

Answer by ochsamom at 12:01 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• It sound like hives. Take her to the doc, she could be allergic to something. I got hives when I had a severe UTI and did not know it.
    mom2boys1997

Answer by mom2boys1997 at 12:01 PM on Mar. 25, 2011