How can I get my floors clean?

I have tile floors all throughout my apt. Ya know the kind that schools have. I've tried everything and can't find anything that makes them look clean and shiny. Please if anyone else has found a solution to this problem let me know. THANKS SO MUCH

Terri102685

Asked by Terri102685 at 12:07 PM on Mar. 25, 2011 in Home & Garden

• If the tiles are old you may never get them clean, much less shiny. Try vinegar and water or a good floor stripper to get off the years old build-up from previous tenants cleaning chemicals. A stripper will get the tiles white again, but you WILL have to use a clear coat wax after you strip to make them shine.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 12:10 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• Get on your hands and knees with a scrub brush. Use something which REMOVES chemical build up... I like to use hot water, a d sprinkle of baking soda and literally a drop of liquid dish soap (It removes scummy build up). Scrub the heck out of it, than follow up with a vinegar water rinse, and dry the floor. Shiny, clean, and new.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 12:10 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• I have a power steamer. It has a little brush nozzle for the grout and an attachment for a steamer pad to mop with. It gets the tile completely clean and leaves no residue. It's the best thing I have ever used to clean with. This is the one I have: http://www.gleempaint.com/905-power-steamer.html

JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 12:10 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• Buy a floor washing robot.
    RobotLady

Answer by RobotLady at 3:16 AM on Mar. 26, 2011

• Obby had the right answer - elbow grease to remove all the build up. I have fallen in love with Holloway house cleaner (about 5 at walmart) makes tile look waxed and my wood floors polished. doesn't leave a build up either :)
    brypmom

Answer by brypmom at 11:16 PM on Mar. 31, 2011